Scale Economies in Research and Development: The Schumpeterian Hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Zvi Griliches & Jerry A. Hausman, 1984. "Patents and R&D: Is There A Lag?," NBER Working Papers 1454, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Bound & Clint Cummins & Zvi Griliches & Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam B. Jaffe, 1984. "Who Does R&D and Who Patents?," NBER Chapters,in: R&D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 21-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Clint Cumminq & Elizabeth S. Laderman & Joy Mundy, 1988. "The R&D Master File Documentation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0072, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Stephen Hymer & Peter Pashigian, 1962. "Firm Size and Rate of Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 556-556.
- Olsen, Randall J, 1980. "A Least Squares Correction for Selectivity Bias," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(7), pages 1815-1820, November.
- Nelson, Forrest D., 1977. "Censored regression models with unobserved, stochastic censoring thresholds," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 309-327, November.
- Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Market Value, R&D, and Patents," NBER Chapters,in: R&D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 249-252 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brainard, William C. & Shoven, John B., 1980. "The financial valuation of the return to capital," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue 4, pages 43-104.
- Breusch, T S & Pagan, A R, 1979. "A Simple Test for Heteroscedasticity and Random Coefficient Variation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1287-1294, September.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
- William C. Brainard & John B. Shoven & Laurence Weiss, 1980. "The Financial Valuation of the Return to Capital," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 11(2), pages 453-512.
- Thomas E. MaCurdy, 1981. "Asymptotic Properties of Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimators and Test Statistics," NBER Technical Working Papers 0014, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Maddala, G S, 1985. "The Common Structure of Tests for Selectivity Bias, Serial Correlation, Heteroscedaticity, and Non-normality in the Tobit Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burak Dindaroglu, 2011. "R&D Productivity and Firm Size in Semiconductors and Pharmaceuticals: Evidence from Citation Yields," Working Papers 1101, Izmir University of Economics.
- Marco Corsino & Giuseppe Espa & Rocco Micciolo, 2008. "R&D, Firm Size, and Product Innovation Dynamics," ROCK Working Papers 045, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 12 Jun 2008.
- Holger Görg & Aoife Hanley, 2011.
"Services Outsourcing And Innovation: An Empirical Investigation,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(2), pages 321-333, April.
- Görg, Holger & Hanley, Aoife, 2008. "Services outsourcing and innovation: An empirical investigation," Kiel Working Papers 1417, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Görg, Holger & Hanley, Aoife, 2009. "Services Outsourcing and Innovation: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 4404, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Görg, Holger & Hanley, Aoife, 2009. "Services outsourcing and innovation: An empirical investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 7390, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T., 2005. "Universities as partners in U.S. research joint ventures," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 385-393, April.
- Schimmelpfennig, David E. & Pray, Carl E. & Brennan, Margaret F., 2004. "The impact of seed industry concentration on innovation: a study of US biotech market leaders," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 157-167, March.
- Dennis Patrick Leyden, 2016. "Universities as partners in research joint ventures," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 43(4), pages 449-462, December.
- Michael L. Katz & Howard A. Shelanski, 2005.
"Merger Policy and Innovation: Must Enforcement Change to Account for Technological Change?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 5, pages 109-165
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael L. Katz & Howard A. Shelanski, 2004. "Merger Policy and Innovation: Must Enforcement Change to Account for Technological Change?," NBER Working Papers 10710, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reid, Gavin C & Ujjual, Vandana, 2008. "Firms in Scottish High Technology Clusters: software, life sciences, microelectronics, optoelectronics and digital media preliminary evidence and analysis on firm size, growth and optimality," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-41, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Cohen, Wesley M., 2010. "Fifty Years of Empirical Studies of Innovative Activity and Performance," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
- Chialin Chang & Stéphane Robin, 2006. "Doing R&D and/or Importing Technologies: The Critical Importance of Firm Size in Taiwan’s Manufacturing Industries," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 29(3), pages 253-278, November.
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch, 2005. "Entrepreneurship and Innovation," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-21, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Tang, Jianmin, 2006. "Competition and innovation behaviour," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 68-82, February.
- John Scott, 2009. "Competition in Research and Development: A Theory for Contradictory Predictions," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 34(2), pages 153-171, March.
- Scott, John T., 2005. "Corporate social responsibility and environmental research and development," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 313-331, September.
- Huang, Yanghua & Salike, Nimesh & Yin, Zhifeng & Zeng, Douglas Zhihua, 2017. "Enterprise innovation in China: Does ownership or size matter?," RIEI Working Papers 2017-06, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Research Institute for Economic Integration.
- Martin, Stephen & Scott, John T., 2000.
"The nature of innovation market failure and the design of public support for private innovation,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 437-447, April.
- Stephen Martin & John T. Scott, 1999. "The Nature of Innovation Market Failure and the Design of Public Support for Private Innovation," CIE Discussion Papers 1999-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Albert N. Link & John T. Scott, 2013.
"Private Investor Participation and Commercialization Rates for Government-sponsored Research and Development: Would a Prediction Market Improve the Performance of the SBIR Programme?,"
Chapters,in: Public Support of Innovation in Entrepreneurial Firms, chapter 11, pages 157-174
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Albert N. Link & John T. Scott, 2009. "Private Investor Participation and Commercialization Rates for Government-sponsored Research and Development: Would a Prediction Market Improve the Performance of the SBIR Programme?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(302), pages 264-281, April.
- Link, Albert & Scott, John, 2018. "Propensity to Patent and Firm Size for Small R&D-Intensive Firms," UNCG Economics Working Papers 18-1, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Holger Görg & Aoife Hanley, "undated". "International Services Outsourcing and Innovation: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 07/43, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Nolan, Elizabeth & Santos, Paulo & Shi, Guanming, 2012. "Market concentration and productivity in the United States corn sector: 2002-2009," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125941, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Francis Munier, 2002. "Analyse empirique de la conjecture schumpéterienne : l'apport du concept de compétence pour innover," Innovations, De Boeck Université, vol. 16(2), pages 101-123.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:30:y:1982:i:3:p:239-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.