Structural Change In U.S. Cheese Manufacturing: A Translog Cost Analysis Of A Panel Of Cheese Plants
Over the last 20 years the cheese manufacturing sector has become the most important market for U.S. farm milk. Using a plant-level dataset encompassing the 1972-1997 period we examine the production characteristics of this industry. Using the results obtained from our cost function we estimate a series of measures of input substitutability and scale economies.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ollinger, Michael & MacDonald, James M. & Madison, Milton E., 2000. "Structural Change In U.S. Chicken And Turkey Slaughter," Agricultural Economics Reports 34049, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Blackorby, Charles & Russell, R Robert, 1989. "Will the Real Elasticity of Substitution Please Stand Up? (A Comparison of the Allen/Uzawa and Morishima Elasticities)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 882-888, September.
- MacDonald, James M. & Ollinger, Michael & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Handy, Charles R., 2000. "Consolidation In U.S. Meatpacking," Agricultural Economics Reports 34021, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- V. Eldon Ball & Robert G. Chambers, 1982. "An Economic Analysis of Technology in the Meat Products Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 64(4), pages 699-709.
- James M. MacDonald & Michael E. Ollinger, 2000.
"Scale Economies and Consolidation in Hog Slaughter,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 334-346.
- James M MacDonald & Michael E Ollinger, 2000. "Scale Economies and Consolidation in Hog Slaughter," Working Papers 00-03, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea04:20274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.