Does Agricultural Value Added Induce Environmental Degradation? Empirical Evidence from an Agrarian Country
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mary O. Agboola & Festus V. Bekun, 2019. "Does Agricultural Value Added Induce Environmental Degradation? Empirical Evidence from an Agrarian Country," Research Africa Network Working Papers 19/040, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Mary O. Agboola & Festus V. Bekun, 2019. "Does Agricultural Value Added Induce Environmental Degradation? Empirical Evidence from an Agrarian Country," Working Papers 19/040, European Xtramile Centre of African Studies (EXCAS).
- Mary O. Agboola & Festus V. Bekun, 2019. "Does Agricultural Value Added Induce Environmental Degradation? Empirical Evidence from an Agrarian Country," CEREDEC Working Papers 19/040, Centre de Recherche pour le DÃ©veloppement Economique (CEREDEC).
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory, Allan W. & Hansen, Bruce E., 1996.
"Residual-based tests for cointegration in models with regime shifts,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 99-126, January.
- Gregory, A.W. & Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Residual-Based Tests for Cointegration in Models with Regime Shifts," RCER Working Papers 335, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Allan Gregory & Bruce E. Hansen, 1992. "Residual-based Tests For Cointegration In Models With Regime Shifts," Working Paper 862, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Christian Bayer & Christoph Hanck, 2013. "Combining non-cointegration tests," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 83-95, January.
- Ajayi, Oluseyi O. & Ajayi, Oluwatoyin O., 2013. "Nigeria's energy policy: Inferences, analysis and legal ethics toward RE development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 61-67.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Pasten, Roberto & Figueroa B., Eugenio, 2012. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve: A Survey of the Theoretical Literature," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 6(3), pages 195-224, December.
- Baek, Jungho, 2015. "Environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 emissions: The case of Arctic countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 13-17.
- Anindya Banerjee & Juan Dolado & Ricardo Mestre, 1998. "Error‐correction Mechanism Tests for Cointegration in a Single‐equation Framework," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 267-283, May.
- Gregory, Allan W & Hansen, Bruce E, 1996.
"Tests for Cointegration in Models with Regime and Trend Shifts,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 555-560, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GREGORYHANSEN: RATS procedure to implement Gregory-Hansen test for Cointegration with breaks," Statistical Software Components RTS00082, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Korhan Gökmenoğlu & Nigar Taspinar, 2016. "The relationship between Co 2 emissions, energy consumption, economic growth and FDI: the case of Turkey," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 706-723, August.
- Balsalobre-Lorente, Daniel & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Roubaud, David & Farhani, Sahbi, 2018.
"How economic growth, renewable electricity and natural resources contribute to CO2 emissions?,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 356-367.
- Balsalobre-Lorente, Daniel & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Roubaud, David & Farhani, Sahbi, 2017. "How Economic Growth, Renewable Electricity and Natural Resources Contribute to CO2 Emissions?," MPRA Paper 82252, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Oct 2017.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Arslanturk, Yalcin, 2010. "Economic growth and energy consumption causal nexus viewed through a bootstrap rolling window," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1398-1410, November.
- Phillips, Peter C B & Ouliaris, S, 1990.
"Asymptotic Properties of Residual Based Tests for Cointegration,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 165-193, January.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Sam Ouliaris, 1987. "Asymptotic Properties of Residual Based Tests for Cointegration," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 847R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1988.
- Sinha, Avik & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Balsalobre, Daniel, 2017. "Exploring the Relationship between Energy Usage Segregation and Environmental Degradation in N-11 Countries," MPRA Paper 81212, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Sep 2017.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Avik Sinha, 2019.
"Environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 emissions: a literature survey,"
Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 46(1), pages 106-168, January.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Sinha, Avik, 2018. "Environmental Kuznets Curve for CO2 Emission: A Literature Survey," MPRA Paper 86281, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 11 Apr 2018.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Shafik, Nemat & Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit, 1992. "Economic growth and environmental quality : time series and cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 904, The World Bank.
- Andrew Adewale Alola & Uju Violet Alola, 2018. "Agricultural land usage and tourism impact on renewable energy consumption among Coastline Mediterranean Countries," Energy & Environment, , vol. 29(8), pages 1438-1454, December.
- Engle, R. F. & Granger, C. W. J. & Hallman, J. J., 1989. "Merging short-and long-run forecasts : An application of seasonal cointegration to monthly electricity sales forecasting," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 45-62, January.
- Al-Mulali, Usama & Saboori, Behnaz & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2015. "Investigating the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis in Vietnam," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 123-131.
- Boswijk, H. Peter, 1995. "Efficient inference on cointegration parameters in structural error correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 133-158, September.
- Kijima, Masaaki & Nishide, Katsumasa & Ohyama, Atsuyuki, 2010. "Economic models for the environmental Kuznets curve: A survey," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1187-1201, July.
- Liu, Xuyi & Zhang, Shun & Bae, Junghan, 2017. "The nexus of renewable energy-agriculture-environment in BRICS," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 489-496.
- Akadiri, Ada Chigozie & Akadiri, Seyi Saint & Gungor, Hasan, 2019. "The role of natural gas consumption in Saudi Arabia's output and its implication for trade and environmental quality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 230-238.
- Kamil Sertoðlu & Sevin Ugural & Festus Victor Bekun, 2017. "The Contribution of Agricultural Sector on Economic Growth of Nigeria," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 547-552.
- Maki, Daiki, 2012. "Tests for cointegration allowing for an unknown number of breaks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 2011-2015.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Jalil, Abdul & Dube, Smile, 2010. "Environmental Kuznets curve (EKC): Times series evidence from Portugal," MPRA Paper 27443, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Idoko Ahmed Itodo & Shahrzad Safaeimanesh & Festus Victor Bekun, 2017. "Energy Use and Growth of Manufacturing Sector: Evidence from Turkey," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 3(1), pages 88-96, March.
- Seyi Saint Akadiri & Festus Victor Bekun & Elham Taheri & Ada Chigozie Akadiri, 2019. "Carbon emissions, energy consumption and economic growth: a causality evidence," International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 15(2/3), pages 320-336.
- Hamit-Haggar, Mahamat, 2012. "Greenhouse gas emissions, energy consumption and economic growth: A panel cointegration analysis from Canadian industrial sector perspective," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 358-364.
More about this item
KeywordsAgriculture ecosystem; Energy consumption; Granger Causality; EKC; Nigeria;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2019-07-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2019-07-29 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2019-07-29 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:agd:wpaper:19/040. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Asongu Simplice). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/agdiycm.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.