Working Paper 163 - Food Prices and Inflation in Tanzania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mr. Angel J. Ubide, 1997. "Determinants of Inflation in Mozambique," IMF Working Papers 1997/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Loening, Josef L. & Durevall, Dick & Ayalew Birru, Yohannes, 2009.
"Inflation Dynamics and Food Prices in an Agricultural Economy: The Case of Ethiopia,"
Working Papers in Economics
347, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Loening, Josef L. & Durevall, Dick & Birru, Yohannes A., 2009. "Inflation dynamics and food prices in an agricultural economy : the case of Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4969, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cockx, Lara & De Weerdt, Joachim, 2016.
"From Corn to Popcorn? Urbanization and food consumption in Sub-Sahara Africa: Evidence from rural-urban migrants in Tanzania,"
2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
249270, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Lara Cockx & Liesbeth Colen & Joachim De Weerdt, 2017. "From Corn to Popcorn? Urbanization and Food Consumption in sub-Sahara Africa: Evidence From Rural-Urban Migrants in Tanzania," LICOS Discussion Papers 39017, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Lara Cockx & Liesbeth Colen & Joachim De Weerdt, 2017. "From corn to popcorn? Urbanization and food consumption in sub-saharan Africa: evidence from rural-urban migrants in Tanzania," Working Papers of LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance 575175, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Ayala Wineman & Thomas S Jayne, 2018.
"Land Prices Heading Skyward? An Analysis of Farmland Values across Tanzania,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 40(2), pages 187-214.
- Wineman, Ayala & Jayne, Thomas S., 2017. "Land Prices Heading Skyward? An Analysis Of Farmland Values Across Tanzania," Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers 261670, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer & Rachel Sebudde, 2015.
"Inflation forecasting models for Uganda: is mobile money relevant?,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2015-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John & Sebudde, Rachel, 2015. "Inflation forecasting models for Uganda: is mobile money relevant?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10739, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edgar Edwin Twine, 2016. "Production and Consumption Responses to Policy Interventions in Tanzania's Dairy Industry," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(1-2), pages 81-102, June.
- Misati, Roseline Nyakerario & Munene, Olive, 2015. "Second Round Effects And Pass-Through Of Food Prices To Inflation In Kenya," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 3(3), pages 1-13, July.
- Nissanke, Machiko, 2019. "Exploring macroeconomic frameworks conducive to structural transformation of sub-Saharan African economies," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 103-116.
- Lara Cockx & Liesbeth Colen & Joachim De Weerdt & Sergio Gomez Y Paloma, 2019. "Urbanization as a driver of changing food demand in Africa: Evidence from rural-urban migration in Tanzania," JRC Research Reports JRC107918, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Rafael Portillo & Luis-Felipe Zanna & Stephen O’Connell & Richard Peck, 2016.
"Implications of food subsistence for monetary policy and inflation,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(3), pages 782-810.
- Mr. Rafael A Portillo & Luis-Felipe Zanna & Richard Peck & Mr. Stephen A. O'Connell, 2016. "Implications of Food Subsistence for Monetary Policy and Inflation," IMF Working Papers 2016/070, International Monetary Fund.
- Cockx, Lara & Colen, Liesbeth & De Weerdt, Joachim, 2018. "From corn to popcorn? Urbanization and dietary change: Evidence from rural-urban migrants in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 140-159.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mr. Tidiane Kinda, 2011. "Modeling Inflation in Chad," IMF Working Papers 2011/057, International Monetary Fund.
- Bianca AVRAM POP & Simona SABOU, 2018. "The Role Of Agriculture In Romanian Development," Business Excellence and Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 8(1), pages 5-18, March.
- Minten, Bart & Stifel, David & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2012.
"Structural transformation in Ethiopia: Evidence from cereal markets:,"
ESSP working papers
39, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Minten, Bart & Stifel, David & Tamru, Seneshaw, 2012. "Structural Transformation in Ethiopia: Evidence from Cereal Markets," ESSP research notes 14, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Raghbendra Jha, 2008.
"Inflation targeting in India: issues and prospects,"
International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 259-270.
- Raghbendra Jha, 2005. "Inflation Targeting in India: Issues and Prospects," ASARC Working Papers 2005-04, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Raghbendra Jha, 2005. "Inflation Targeting In India: Issues And Prospects," CAMA Working Papers 2005-27, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Chen, Li-Ju & Hu, Shih-Wen & Wang, Vey & Wen, Jiandong & Ye, Chusheng, 2014. "The effects of purchasing and price subsidy policies for agricultural products under target zones," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 439-447.
- Josef Loening & Masato Higashi, 2011.
"Decomposing terms of trade fluctuations in Ethiopia,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(13), pages 1219-1224.
- Josef L. Loening & Masato Higashi, 2010. "Decomposing Terms of Trade Fluctuations in Ethiopia," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 205, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Loening, Josef L. & Higashi, Masato, 2011. "Decomposing Terms of Trade Fluctuations in Ethiopia," VfS Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48727, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- James Heintz & Léonce Ndikumana, 2010. "Working Paper 108 - Is there a Case for Formal Inflation Targeting in Sub-Saharan Africa?," Working Paper Series 245, African Development Bank.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486556 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tefera, Nigussie, 2012. "Welfare Impacts of Rising Food Prices in Rural Ethiopia: a Quadratic Almost Ideal Demand System Approach," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126698, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lee, Iona Hyojung, 2018. "Industrial output fluctuations in developing countries: General equilibrium consequences of agricultural productivity shocks," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 240-279.
- Mauro Vigani & Hasan Dudu & Gloria Solano-Hermosilla, 2019. "Estimation of food demand parameters in Ethiopia: A Quadratic Almost Ideal Demand System (QUAIDS) approach," JRC Research Reports JRC117125, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Uddin, Gazi Salah & Alam, Md. Mahmudul & Alam, Kazi Ashraful, 2019. "An Empirical Evidence of Fisher Effect in Bangladesh: A Time-Series Approach," SocArXiv udpwj, Center for Open Science.
- Admassie, Assefa, 2013. "The Political Economy of Food Price: The Case of Ethiopia," WIDER Working Paper Series 001, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Alem, Yonas & Köhlin, Gunnar & Stage, Jesper, 2014.
"The Persistence of Subjective Poverty in Urban Ethiopia,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 51-61.
- Alem, Yonas & Köhlin, Gunnar & Stage, Jesper, 2012. "The Persistence of Subjective Poverty in Urban Ethiopia," Working Papers in Economics 549, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- James Heintz & Léonce Ndikumana, 2010. "Is There a Case for Formal Inflation Targeting in Sub-Saharan Africa?," Working Papers wp218, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Kenneth Baltzer, 2013. "International to Domestic Price Transmission in Fourteen Developing Countries During the 2007-08 Food Crisis," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2013-031, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Philip Kofi Adom & William Bekoe & George Quartey & Kwaku Amakye & Charles Barnor, 2016. "Impact of Market-based Policies and External Fiscal Discipline on Ghana's Inflation," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(4), pages 794-816, November.
- Tidiane Kinda, 2013. "Oil windfall, public spending and price stability: modelling inflation in Chad†," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(21), pages 3122-3135, July.
- Constatin MITRUȚ & Mihaela GRUIESCU & Roxana Cristina VÎLCU, 2017. "Modeling the Causes of Inflation in Romania," ECONOMIC COMPUTATION AND ECONOMIC CYBERNETICS STUDIES AND RESEARCH, Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics, vol. 51(3), pages 21-38.
- Durevall, Dick & Loening, Josef, 2009. "Ethiopia: Updated Inflation Forecasts," MPRA Paper 25899, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hadley, Craig & Stevenson, Edward Geoffrey Jedediah & Tadesse, Yemesrach & Belachew, Tefera, 2012. "Rapidly rising food prices and the experience of food insecurity in urban Ethiopia: Impacts on health and well-being," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(12), pages 2412-2419.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-01-07 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-01-07 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adb:adbwps:441. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/afdbgci.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Adeleke Oluwole Salami (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/afdbgci.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.