The Effects of Bullying in Elementary School
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Persson, Mattias & Svensson, Mikael, 2010. "Evidence of Class-size Effects on Bullying in Swedish Schools," Working Papers 2010:7, Örebro University, School of Business, revised 09 Nov 2010.
- Tarjei Havnes & Magne Mogstad, 2011. "No Child Left Behind: Subsidized Child Care and Children's Long-Run Outcomes," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 97-129, May.
- Dalsgaard, Søren & Nielsen, Helena Skyt & Simonsen, Marianne, 2012. "The Effects of Pharmacological Treatment of ADHD on Children's Health," IZA Discussion Papers 6714, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Janet Currie & Erdal Tekin, 2012. "Understanding the Cycle: Childhood Maltreatment and Future Crime," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(2), pages 509-549.
- Fletcher, Jason & Wolfe, Barbara, 2008.
"Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD revisited,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 794-800, May.
- Jason Fletcher & Barbara L. Wolfe, 2007. "Child Mental Health and Human Capital Accumulation: The Case of ADHD Revisited," NBER Working Papers 13474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glen R. Waddell, 2006. "Labor-Market Consequences of Poor Attitude and Low Self-Esteem in Youth," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(1), pages 69-97, January.
- Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl, 2008. "Bullying, education and earnings: Evidence from the National Child Development Study," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 387-401, August.
- Eskil Heinesen, 2010. "Estimating Class-size Effects using Within-school Variation in Subject-specific Classes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(545), pages 737-760, June.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2005.
"Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 151-184, February.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Todd E. Elder & Christopher R. Taber, 2000. "Selection on Observed and Unobserved Variables: Assessing the Effectiveness of Catholic Schools," NBER Working Papers 7831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Le, Anh T. & Miller, Paul W. & Heath, Andrew C. & Martin, Nick, 2005.
"Early childhood behaviours, schooling and labour market outcomes: estimates from a sample of twins,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Anh T. Le & Paul W. Miller & Andrew C. Heath & Nick Martin, 2004. "Early Childhood Behaviours, Schooling and Labour Market Outcomes: Estimates from a Sample of Twins," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-02, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Currie, Janet & Stabile, Mark, 2006.
"Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1094-1118, November.
- Janet Currie & Mark Stabile, 2004. "Child Mental Health and Human Capital Accumulation: The Case of ADHD," NBER Working Papers 10435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2002. "Identity and Schooling: Some Lessons for the Economics of Education," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1167-1201, December.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anton-Erxleben, Katharina & Kibriya, Shahriar & Zhang, Yu, 2016. "Bullying as the main driver of low performance in schools: Evidence from Botswana, Ghana, and South Africa," MPRA Paper 75555, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kibriya, Shahriar & Xu, Zhicheng P. & Zhang, Yu, 2015. "The impact of bullying on educational performance in Ghana: A Bias-reducing Matching Approach," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205409, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsVictim; Perpetrator; Antisocial Behavior; Crime; Education; Mental Health;
- I14 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Inequality
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-07-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-07-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:aarhec:2012-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.au.dk/afn/ .