A Danish Profiling System
We describe the statistical model used for profiling new unemployed workers in Denmark. When a worker - during his or her first six months in unemployment - enters the employment office for the first time, this model predicts whether he or she will be unemployed for more than six months from that date or not. The case workers' assessment of how to treat the person is partially based upon this prediction.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark C. Berger & Dan Black & Jeffrey Smith, 2000. "Evaluating Profiling as a Means of Allocating Government Services," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 200018, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Michael Svarer & Michael Rosholm & Jacob Roland Munch, 2003.
"Rent Control and Unemployment Duration,"
CAM Working Papers
2003-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Svarer, Michael & Rosholm, Michael & Munch, Jakob R., 2003. "Rent Control and Unemployment Duration," IZA Discussion Papers 842, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Svarer, Michael & Rosholm, Michael & Munch, Jacob Roland, . "Rent Control and Unemployment Duration," Economics Working Papers 2003-11, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Jensen, P. & Nielsen, M.S., 1999.
"Short- and Long-Term Unemployment: How do Temporary Layoffs Affect this Distinction?,"
99-06, Centre for Labour Market and Social Research, Danmark-.
- Peter Jensen & Michael Svarer, 2003. "Short- and long-term unemployment: How do temporary layoffs affect this distinction?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 23-44, January.
- Frölich, Markus & Lechner, Michael & Steiger, Heidi, 2003.
"Statistically assisted programme selection - International experiences and potential benefits for Switzerland,"
Working Paper Series
2004:1, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Markus Frölich & Michael Lechner & Heidi Steiger, 2003. "Statistically Assisted Programme Selection - International Experiences and Potential Benefits for Switzerland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 139(III), pages 311-331, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aah:aarhec:2004-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.