Agricultural trade and government intervention - A persepctive from a developing country
In: Studies in Trade and Investment - AGRICULTURAL TRADE - PLANTING THE SEEDS OF REGIONAL LIBERALIZATION IN ASIA
this chapter reviews traditional arguments for trade liberalization and provides a closer look at the additional reasons for use of government intervention.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in its series STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT with number
tipub2451_chap7.||Handle:|| RePEc:unt:ecchap:tipub2451_chap7||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: The United Nations Building, Rajadamnern Nok Avenue, Bangkok 10200|
Phone: (66-2) 288-1234
Fax: (66-2) 288-1000
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2002.
"An empirical test of the rent-shifting hypothesis: the case of state trading enterprises,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 135-157, October.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2001. "An Empirical Test of the Rent-Shifting Hypothesis: The Case of State Trading Enterprises," Working Papers 201567, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- Biswajit Dhar, 2007. "Modelling the Doha Round outcome - A critical view," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT,in: Studies in Trade and Investment - AGRICULTURAL TRADE - PLANTING THE SEEDS OF REGIONAL LIBERALIZATION IN ASIA, volume 60, pages 163-186 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Biswajit Dhar, 2006. "Modelling the Doha Round Outcome: A Critical view," Working Papers 606, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Will Martin & Kym Anderson, 2006. "Agricultural Trade Reform and the Doha Development Agenda," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6889, October.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin, 2005. "Agricultural Trade Reform and the Doha Development Agenda," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(9), pages 1301-1327, 09.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will, 2005. "Agricultural trade reform and the Doha development agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3607, The World Bank.
- Kym Anderson & Will Martin, 2005. "Agricultural Trade Reform and the Doha Development Agenda," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2005-17, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1981. "Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents under Potential Entry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(3), pages 371-389, August.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1980. "Tariffs and the Extraction of Foreign Monopoly Rents under Potential Entry," Working Papers 414, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982. "Tariff Protection and Imperfect Competition," Working Papers 517, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Reimer Jeffrey J & Stiegert Kyle, 2006. "Imperfect Competition and Strategic Trade Theory: Evidence for International Food and Agricultural Markets," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-27, September.
- Fengxia Dong & Thomas L. Marsh & Kyle W. Stiegert, 2003. "State Trading Enterprises in a Differentiated Environment: The Case of Global Malting Barley Markets," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 03-wp350, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Fengxia Dong & Thomas L. Marsh & Kyle W. Stiegert, 2003. "State Trading Enterprises in a Differentiated Environment: The Case of Global Malting Barley Markets," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 03-wp350, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Brander, James A., 1995. "Strategic trade policy," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 27, pages 1395-1455 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unt:ecchap:tipub2451_chap7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mia Mikic)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.