LIBOR: origins, economics, crisis, scandal and reform
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- David Hou & David R. Skeie, 2014. "LIBOR: origins, economics, crisis, scandal, and reform," Staff Reports 667, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
References listed on IDEAS
- Acharya, Viral V. & Skeie, David, 2011.
"A model of liquidity hoarding and term premia in inter-bank markets,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 436-447.
- Viral V. Acharya & David R. Skeie, 2011. "A model of liquidity hoarding and term premia in inter-bank markets," Staff Reports 498, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Acharya, Viral V & Skeie, David, 2011. "A Model of Liquidity Hoarding and Term Premia in Inter-Bank Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 8705, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Darrell Duffie & David R. Skeie & James Vickery, 2013. "A sampling-window approach to transactions-based Libor fixing," Staff Reports 596, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- François-Louis Michaud & Christian Upper, 2008. "What drives interbank rates? Evidence from the Libor panel," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- John Taylor & John Williams, 2008. "Further Results on a Black Swan in the Money Market," Discussion Papers 07-046, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Eclipsing LIBOR
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2017-09-04 17:29:38
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdul Karim Aldohni, 2018. "Is Ethical Finance the Answer to the Ills of the UK Financial Market? A Post-Crisis Analysis," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 151(1), pages 265-278, August.
- Mikhail V. Oet & John M. Dooley & Stephen J. Ong, 2015.
"The Financial Stress Index: Identification of Systemic Risk Conditions,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-25, September.
- Timothy Bianco & Ryan Eiben & Dieter Gramlich & Mikhail V. Oet & Stephen J. Ong, 2011. "The financial stress index: identification of systemic risk conditions," Working Papers (Old Series) 1130, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 2011.
- Alfred Wong & Jiayue Zhang, 2018. "Breakdown of covered interest parity: mystery or myth?," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The price, real and financial effects of exchange rates, volume 96, pages 57-78, Bank for International Settlements.
- Eross, Andrea & Urquhart, Andrew & Wolfe, Simon, 2016. "Liquidity risk contagion in the interbank market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 142-155.
- Andrzej Cwynar & Wiktor Cwynar & Monika Baryła-Matejczuk & Moises Betancort, 2019. "Sustainable Debt Behaviour and Well-Being of Young Adults: The Role of Parental Financial Socialisation Process," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-26, December.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Igor Lončarski & Peter G. Szilagyi, 2018. "When Kamay Met Hill: Organisational Ethics in Practice," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 147(4), pages 779-792, February.
- Thomas B. King & Kurt F. Lewis, 2015. "Credit Risk, Liquidity and Lies," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-112, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 18 Dec 2015.
- Elizabeth C. Klee & Zeynep Senyuz & Emre Yoldas, 2016. "Effects of Changing Monetary and Regulatory Policy on Overnight Money Markets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-084, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised Sep 2016.
- Alfred Wong & David Leung & Calvin Ng, 2016. "Risk-adjusted Covered Interest Parity: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 162016, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yoldas, Emre & Senyuz, Zeynep, 2018. "Financial stress and equilibrium dynamics in term interbank funding markets," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 136-149.
- Aryal, Gaurab & Gabrielli, Maria F., 2012. "Is Collusion Proof Auction Expensive? Estimates from Highway Procurements," MPRA Paper 57353, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Feb 2014.
- Thomas B. King & Kurt F. Lewis, 2014. "What Drives Bank Funding Spreads?," Working Paper Series WP-2014-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, revised 13 Nov 2014.
- Ren'e Aid & Giorgia Callegaro & Luciano Campi, 2019. "No-Arbitrage Commodity Option Pricing with Market Manipulation," Papers 1909.07896, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2020.
- Kleinow, Jacob & Moreira, Fernando, 2016. "Systemic risk among European banks: A copula approach," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 27-42.
- Darrell Duffie & Jeremy C. Stein, 2015. "Reforming LIBOR and Other Financial Market Benchmarks," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 191-212, Spring.
- Darrell Duffie & Piotr Dworczak, 2014. "Robust Benchmark Design," NBER Working Papers 20540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alfred Wong & David Leung & Calvin Ng, 2016. "How do housing purchase limits affect firm default risks in Mainland China?," Working Papers 172016, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Aurelio F. Bariviera & M. Belen Guercio & Lisana B. Martinez & Osvaldo A. Rosso, 2015. "A permutation Information Theory tour through different interest rate maturities: the Libor case," Papers 1509.00217, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsLIBOR; financial crisis; scandal; interbank; banking; reference rate; interest rate;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:dofeco:v:7:year:2013:doi:3910. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sheeja Sanoj) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Sheeja Sanoj to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.