Do liquidity or credit effects explain the behavior of the BKBM-LIBOR differential?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Rocco & Ratnovski, Lev, 2011.
"The dark side of bank wholesale funding,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 248-263, April.
- Rocco Huang & Lev Ratnovski, 2009. "The dark side of bank wholesale funding," Working Papers 09-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 01 Jun 2010.
- Huang, Rocco & Ratnovski, Lev, 2010. "The dark side of bank wholesale funding," Working Paper Series 1223, European Central Bank.
- Lev Ratnovski & Rocco Huang, 2010. "The Dark Side of Bank Wholesale Funding," IMF Working Papers 10/170, International Monetary Fund.
- Angelo Baglioni, 2012.
"Liquidity Crunch in the Interbank Market: Is it Credit or Liquidity Risk, or Both?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 1-18, April.
- Angelo Baglioni, 2009. "Liquidity crunch in the interbank market: is it credit or liquidity risk, or both?," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia e Finanza ief0091, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Francis A. Longstaff & Sanjay Mithal & Eric Neis, 2005.
"Corporate Yield Spreads: Default Risk or Liquidity? New Evidence from the Credit Default Swap Market,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(5), pages 2213-2253, October.
- Francis A. Longstaff & Sanjay Mithal & Eric Neis, 2004. "Corporate Yield Spreads: Default Risk or Liquidity? New Evidence from the Credit-Default Swap Market," NBER Working Papers 10418, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Covrig, Vicentiu & Low, Buen Sin & Melvin, Michael, 2004.
"A Yen is Not a Yen: TIBOR/LIBOR and the Determinants of the Japan Premium,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 193-208, March.
- Michael Melvin & Vincentiu Covrig & Buen Low, "undated". "A Yen is not a Yen: TIBOR/LIBOR and the determinants of the 'Japan Premium'," Working Papers 2133360, Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- Tapking, Jens & Eisenschmidt, Jens, 2009. "Liquidity risk premia in unsecured interbank money markets," Working Paper Series 1025, European Central Bank.
- McInish, Thomas H & Wood, Robert A, 1992. " An Analysis of Intraday Patterns in Bid/Ask Spreads for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 753-764, June.
- Paolo Angelini & Andrea Nobili & Cristina Picillo, 2011.
"The Interbank Market after August 2007: What Has Changed, and Why?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(5), pages 923-958, August.
- Paolo Angelini & Andrea Nobili & Maria Cristina Picillo, 2009. "The interbank market after August 2007: what has changed, and why?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 731, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Philip Wooldridge, 2008. "Interbank rate fixings during the recent turmoil," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1995. " A Simple Approach to Valuing Risky Fixed and Floating Rate Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(3), pages 789-819, July.
- François-Louis Michaud & Christian Upper, 2008. "What drives interbank rates? Evidence from the Libor panel," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Pierre Collin-Dufresne, 2001. "The Determinants of Credit Spread Changes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2177-2207, December.
- Huang, Roger D & Masulis, Ronald W, 1999. "FX Spreads and Dealer Competition across the 24-Hour Trading Day," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(1), pages 61-93.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexius, Annika & Birenstam, Helene & Eklund, Johanna, 2014.
"The interbank market risk premium, central bank interventions, and measures of market liquidity,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 48(PA), pages 202-217.
- Alexius, Annika & Birenstam, Helene & Eklund, Johanna, 2014. "The interbank market risk premium, central bank interventions, and measures of market liquidity," Research Papers in Economics 2014:2, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Woon K. Wong & Iris Biefang-Frisancho Mariscal & Wanru Yao & Peter Howells, 2016. "Liquidity and Credit Risks in the UK’s Financial Crisis: How ‘Quantitative Easing’ changed the relationship," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2016/9, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Stenfors, Alexis, 2014. "LIBOR deception and central bank forward (mis-)guidance: Evidence from Norway during 2007–2011," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 452-472.
- Cui, Jin & In, Francis & Maharaj, Elizabeth Ann, 2016. "What drives the Libor–OIS spread? Evidence from five major currency Libor–OIS spreads," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 358-375.
More about this item
KeywordsLIBOR BKBM Interest rate differential Financial crisis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:19:y:2011:i:2:p:173-193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.