Economic Development and Multilateral Trade Cooperation
How can international trade agreements promote development and how can rules be designed to benefit poor countries? Can multilateral trade cooperation in the World Trade Organization (WTO) help developing countries create and strengthen institutions and regulatory regimes that will enhance the gains from trade and integration into the global economy? And should this even be done? These are questions that confront policy makers and citizens in both rich and poor countries, and they are the subject of this publication. It analyzes how the trading system could be made more supportive of economic development, without eroding the core WTO functions.
|This book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 7412 and published in 2006.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Horn, Henrik & Levinsohn, James, 2001.
"Merger Policies and Trade Liberalisation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 244-76, April.
- Henrik Horn & James Levinsohn, 1997. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 6077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horn, H. & Levinsohn, J., 1998. "Merger Policies and Trade Liberalization," Working Papers 420, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Horn, Henrik & Levinsohn, James A, 2000. "Merger Policies And Trade Liberalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 2459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simeon Djankov & Bernard Hoekman, 1998.
"Conditions of Competition and Multilateral Surveillance,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(8), pages 1109-1128, November.
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1998. "Conditions of Competition and Multilateral Surveillance," CEPR Discussion Papers 1988, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kamal Saggi & Halis Murat Yildiz, 2006. "On the International Linkages between Trade and Merger Policies," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 212-225, 05.
- Bernard M. Hoekman & Petros C. Mavroidis, 1994.
"Competition, Competition Policy and the GATT,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(2), pages 121-150, 03.
- Hoekman, Bernard M. & Mavroidis, Petros C. & DEC, 1993. "Competition, competition policy, and the GATT," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1228, The World Bank.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Mavroidis, Petros C, 1994. "Competition, Competition Policy and the GATT," CEPR Discussion Papers 876, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Charles Sabel & Sanjay Reddy, 2007. "Learning to Learn: Undoing the Gordian Knot of Development Today," Challenge, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 50(5), pages 73-92, October.
- Bernard Hoekman, 1997. "Competition Policy and the Global Trading System," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(4), pages 383-406, 07.
- Fink, Carsten & Mattoo, Aaditya & Neagu, Ileana Cristina, 2001.
"Trade in international maritime services : how much does policy matter?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2522, The World Bank.
- Carsten Fink & Aaditya Mattoo & Ileana Cristina Neagu, 2002. "Trade in International Maritime Services: How Much Does Policy Matter?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 16(1), pages 81-108, June.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Saggi, Kamal, 2003.
"Trading Market Access for Competition Policy Enforcement,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4110, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Saggi, Kamal, 2004. "Trading market access for competition policy enforcement," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3188, The World Bank.
- Abbott, Kenneth W. & Snidal, Duncan, 2000. "Hard and Soft Law in International Governance," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(03), pages 421-456, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:7412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.