Financial Deepening to Support Monetary Stability and Sustainable Economic Growth
This Occasional Paper, prepared by Bank Indonesia, served as a background paper to facilitate discussions on ¡°Financial Deepening to Support Monetary Stability and Sustainable Growth¡± among the SEACEN Governors at the 43nd SEACEN Governors' Conference held on 21 March 2008 in Jakarta, Indonesia. The Paper delve into stages of financial deepening in SEACEN economies for the banking sector and also the capital and money market. The Appendix was prepared by The SEACEN Centre to provide cross country information on financial deepening, monetary stability and economic growth in the SEACEN Region.
|This book is provided by South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre in its series Occasional Papers with number occ47 and published in 2007.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Level 5, Sasana Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia, 2 Jalan Dato? Onn, 50480 Kuala Lumpur|
Phone: 603-9195 1888
Fax: 603-9195 1801
Web page: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seacemy.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993.
"Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- King, Robert G.*Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance and growth : Schumpeter might be right," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1083, The World Bank.
- Gloria O. Pasadilla, 2001. "Soundness of Financial Instituitions and Economic Growth," Staff Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp64.
- Ross Levine, 1997. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- M S Mohanty & Philip Turner, 2008. "Monetary policy transmission in emerging market economies: what is new?," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Transmission mechanisms for monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 35, pages 1-59 Bank for International Settlements.
- Pablo F Druck & Alexander Plekhanov & Mario Dehesa, 2007. "Relative Price Stability, Creditor Rights, and Financial Deepening," IMF Working Papers 07/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Claudio Borio, 2007. "Change and Constancy in the Financial System: Implications for Financial Distress and Policy," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Christopher Kent & Jeremy Lawson (ed.), The Structure and Resilience of the Financial System Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Claudio E. V. Borio, 2007. "Change and constancy in the financial system: implications for financial distress and policy," BIS Working Papers 237, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jung-Gun Oh, 1992. "Interest Investment and Saving: A Causality Analysis," Staff Papers, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp47.
- Corrinne Ho & Robert N. McCauley, 2003. "Living with flexible exchange rates: issues and recent experience in inflation targeting emerging market economies," BIS Working Papers 130, Bank for International Settlements. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sea:opaper:occ47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yunyee)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.