The Analysis of an Economic Growth Model with Tax Evasion and Delay
In this paper we formulate an economic model with tax evasion, corruption and taxes. In the first part the static model is considered, where there are a representative agent and a public institution. The public institution by its tax collectors detects the tax evasion and enacts a system of tax on capital and fines. The representative agent is endowed with a capital k, k>0, and he has to pay a tax on this capital at a rate t1, t1 being in interval (0,1].The agent can try to evades the tax on capital by concealing a capital e1 of the total capital. The optimal tax evasion level which maximizes expected net profit is determined. In the second part, the dynamic model of tax evasion is presented, where the representative agent chooses at each moment in time the level of tax evasion so as maximize expected net profit on infinite horizon, taking into account of the motion equation for the capital k(t), that depend on k(t-τ) and e1(t-τ). Using the delay t as bifurcation parameter we have shown that a Hopf bifurcation occurs when this parameter passes through the critical value t0. The direction of the Hopf bifurcation, the stability and the period of bifurcating period solution are also discussed and characterized.
Volume (Year): 2 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1(5) ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. J.H.Pestalozzi nr. 16, 300115, Timisoara|
Phone: 004 0256 592506
Fax: 004 0256 5925002
Web page: http://www.feaa.uvt.ro
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: 16 J. H. Pestalozzi Street, 300115, Timisoara, Romania|
Web: http://www.tje.uvt.ro Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Asea, Patrick K. & Zak, Paul J., 1999.
"Time-to-build and cycles,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1155-1175, August.
- Patrick K. Asea & Paul J. Zak, 1997. "Time-to-Build and Cycles," NBER Technical Working Papers 0211, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Asea & Paul J. Zak, 1997. "Time-to-Build and Cycles," UCLA Economics Working Papers 767, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Traxler, Christian, 2010. "Social norms and conditional cooperative taxpayers," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 89-103, March.
- Traxler, Christian, 2006. "Social Norms and Conditional Cooperative Taxpayers," Discussion Papers in Economics 1202, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Been-Lon Chen, 2003. "Tax Evasion in a Model of Endogenous Growth," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(2), pages 381-403, April.
- Traxler, Christian, 2006. "Tax Evasion, Social Norms and Conditional Cooperation," Munich Dissertations in Economics 4951, University of Munich, Department of Economics. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wun:journl:tje:v02:y2009:i1(5):a02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Romeo Margea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.