Stadium attendance and television audience demand in English league football
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffery Borland, 2003. "Demand for Sport," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 478-502, Winter.
- Pacey, Patricia L & Wickham, Elizabeth D, 1985. "College Football Telecasts: Where Are They Going?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(1), pages 93-113, January.
- Babatunde Buraimo & Rob Simmons & Stefan Szymanski, 2006. "English Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 29-46, February.
- David Forrest & Rob Simmons & Stefan Szymanski, 2004. "Broadcasting, Attendance and the Inefficiency of Cartels," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(3), pages 243-265, May.
- Kanazawa, Mark T & Funk, Jonas P, 2001. "Racial Discrimination in Professional Basketball: Evidence from Nielsen Ratings," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(4), pages 599-608, October.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- David Forrest & Robert Simmons & Babatunde Buraimo, 2005. "Outcome Uncertainty And The Couch Potato Audience," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 52(4), pages 641-661, September.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Leonard, Gregory K, 1997. "Superstars in the National Basketball Association: Economic Value and Policy," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 586-624, October.
- Fiona Carmichael & Janet Millington & Roberts Simmons, 1999. "Elasticity of demand for Rugby League attendance and the impact of BskyB," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(12), pages 797-800.
- Stephen Hall & Stefan Szymanski & Andrew S. Zimbalist, 2002. "Testing Causality Between Team Performance and Payroll," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 149-168, May.
- William Putsis & Subrata Sen, 2000. "Should NFL blackouts be banned?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(12), pages 1495-1507.
- Baimbridge, Mark & Cameron, Samuel & Dawson, Peter, 1996. "Satellite Television and the Demand for Football: A Whole New Ball Game?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(3), pages 317-333, August.
- Mark Baimbridge & Samuel Cameron & Peter Dawson, 1995. "Satellite broadcasting and match attendance: the case of rugby league," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(10), pages 343-346.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Di Domizio & Raul Caruso, 2015.
"Hooliganism and Demand for Football in Italy: Attendance and Counterviolence Policy Evaluation,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 16(2), pages 123-137, May.
- Caruso Raul & Di Domizio Marco, 2013. "Hooliganism and demand for football in Italy: Attendance and counter-violence policy evaluation," wp.comunite 0101, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00971782 is not listed on IDEAS
- Buraimo, Babatunde & Simmons, Rob, 2009.
"A tale of two audiences: Spectators, television viewers and outcome uncertainty in Spanish football,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 326-338, July.
- B Buraimo & R Simmons, 2007. "A tale of two audiences: spectators, television viewers and outcome uncertainty in Spanish football," Working Papers 591121, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Peter Dawson & Paul Downward, 2011. "Participation, Spectatorship and Media Coverage in Sport: Some Initial Insights," Chapters,in: Contemporary Issues in Sports Economics, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tainsky, Scott & Kerwin, Shannon & Xu, Jie & Zhou, Yilun, 2014. "Will the real fans please remain seated? Gender and television ratings for pre-game and game broadcasts," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 190-204.
- Raul Caruso & Marco Di Domizio, 2015. "La Serie A In Televisione E Allo Stadio: Presentazione Del Dataset Audiball 1.0," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 11(1), pages 161-185, maggio.
- Caruso, Raul & Addesa, Francesco & Di Domizio, Marco, 2016. "The Determinants Of The TV Demand Of Soccer: Empirical Evidence On Italian Serie A For The Period 2008-2015," MPRA Paper 70189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mongeon, Kevin & Winfree, Jason, 2012. "Comparison of television and gate demand in the National Basketball Association," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 72-79.
- Krumer, Alex & Lechner, Michael, 2016. "Midweek Effect on Performance: Evidence from the German Soccer Bundesliga," Economics Working Paper Series 1609, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Pamela Wicker & John C. Whitehead & Bruce K. Johnson & Daniel S. Mason, 2016. "The Effect of Sporting Success and Management Failure On Attendance Demand In The Bundesliga: A Revealed and Stated Preference Travel Cost Approach," Working Papers 16-02, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2016.
- Schreyer, Dominik & Schmidt, Sascha L. & Torgler, Benno, 2016. "Against all odds? Exploring the role of game outcome uncertainty in season ticket holders’ stadium attendance demand," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 192-217.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2014. "Building Blocks for a Disequilibrium Model of a European Team Sports League," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00971782, HAL.
- Lahvicka, Jiri, 2010. "Attendance of ice hockey matches in the Czech Extraliga," MPRA Paper 27653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephan Lenor & Liam J. A. Lenten & Jordi McKenzie, 2016. "Rivalry Effects and Unbalanced Schedule Optimisation in the Australian Football League," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 49(1), pages 43-69, August.
- Dawson, Peter & Downward, Paul, 2009. "Participation, Spectatorship and Media Coverage in Sport," Department of Economics Working Papers 16651, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:mgtdec:v:29:y:2008:i:6:p:513-523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976 .