Do financial incentives help low-performing schools attract and keep academically talented teachers? Evidence from California
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jennifer L. Steele & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 2009. "Do Financial Incentives Help Low-Performing Schools Attract and Keep Academically Talented Teachers? Evidence from California," NBER Working Papers 14780, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clotfelter, Charles & Glennie, Elizabeth & Ladd, Helen & Vigdor, Jacob, 2008.
"Would higher salaries keep teachers in high-poverty schools? Evidence from a policy intervention in North Carolina,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1352-1370, June.
- Charles Clotfelter & Elizabeth Glennie & Helen Ladd & Jacob Vigdor, 2006. "Would Higher Salaries Keep Teachers in High-Poverty Schools? Evidence from a Policy Intervention in North Carolina," NBER Working Papers 12285, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clotfelter, Charles T. & Ladd, Helen F. & Vigdor, Jacob, 2005. "Who teaches whom? Race and the distribution of novice teachers," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 377-392, August.
- Donald Boyd & Pamela Grossman & Hamilton Lankford & Susanna Loeb & James Wyckoff, 2006.
"How Changes in Entry Requirements Alter the Teacher Workforce and Affect Student Achievement,"
Education Finance and Policy,
MIT Press, vol. 1(2), pages 176-216, April.
- Donald Boyd & Pamela Grossman & Hamilton Lankford & Susanna Loeb & James Wyckoff, 2005. "How Changes in Entry Requirements Alter the Teacher Workforce and Affect Student Achievement," NBER Working Papers 11844, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Imbens, Guido & van der Klaauw, Wilbert, 1995.
"Evaluating the Cost of Conscription in The Netherlands,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 207-215, April.
- Imbens, G. & Van Der Klaauw, W., 1993. "Evaluating the Cost of Conscription in the Netherlands," Working Papers 93-24, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Imbens, G. & Van Der Klaauw, W., 1993. "Evaluating the Cost of Conscription in the Netherlands," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1632, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balch, Ryan & Springer, Matthew G., 2015. "Performance pay, test scores, and student learning objectives," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 114-125.
- Richard K. Mansfield, 2015. "Teacher Quality and Student Inequality," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(3), pages 751-788.
- Emiliana Vegas & Alejandro Ganimian, 2013.
"Theory and Evidence on Teacher Policies in Developed and Developing Countries,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
4597, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Vegas, E & Ganimian, A. J., 2013. "Theory and Evidence on Teacher Policies in Developed and Developing Countries," Working Paper 104291, Harvard University OpenScholar.
More about this item
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:29:y:2010:i:3:p:451-478. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .