Ethnic enclave residence, employment, and commuting of Latino workers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Raphael, Steven, 1998. "The Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis and Black Youth Joblessness: Evidence from the San Francisco Bay Area," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 79-111, January.
- Valerie Preston & S. McLafferty & X.F. Liu, 1998. "Geographical Barriers to Employment for American-born and Immigrant Workers," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(3), pages 529-545, March.
- Michael A. Stoll, 1999. "Spatial mismatch, discrimination, and male youth employment in the Washington, DC area: Implications for residential mobility policies," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 77-98.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cathy Yang Liu & Gary Painter, 2010. "Travel Behavior among Latino Immigrants: The Role of Ethnic Neighborhoods and Ethnic Employment," Working Paper 8516, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Zhu, Pengyu & Liu, Cathy Yang & Painter, Gary, 2014.
"Does residence in an ethnic community help immigrants in a recession?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 112-127.
- Pengyu Zhu & Cathy Yang Liu & Gary Painter, 2013. "Does Residence in an Ethnic Community Help Immigrants in a Recession?," Working Paper 8959, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Colleen Vesely & Rachael Goodman & Marriam Ewaida & Katina Kearney, 2015. "A Better Life? Immigrant Mothers’ Experiences Building Economic Security," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 514-530, December.
- Mariko Nakagawa, 2015. "Segregation patterns in cities: ethnic clustering without skill differences," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 55(2), pages 453-483, December.
- Daniel Chatman, 2014. "Explaining the “immigrant effect” on auto use: the influences of neighborhoods and preferences," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 441-461, May.
- Johanna Catherine Maclean & Douglas Webber & Jody L. Sindelar, 2015. "Immigration and access to fringe benefits: Evidence from the Tobacco Use Supplements," DETU Working Papers 1503, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- K. Bruce Newbold & Darren M. Scott & Charles Burke, 2017. "Immigrant status and commute distance: an exploratory study based on the greater Golden Horseshoe," Transportation, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 181-198, January.
- Cathy Yang Liu & Gary Painter, 2010. "Immigrant Settlement and Employment Suburbanization: Is There a Spatial Mismatch?," Working Paper 8514, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:28:y:2009:i:4:p:600-625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .