The Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis and Black Youth Joblessness: Evidence from the San Francisco Bay Area
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- O'Regan, Katherine M. & Quigley, John M., 1991.
"Labor market access and labor market outcomes for urban youth,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 277-293, July.
- O'Regan, Katherine M. & Quigley, John M., 1991. "Labor Market Access and Labor Market Outcomes for Urban Youth," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt9008p2tx, University of California Transportation Center.
- Ihlanfeldt Keith R., 1993. "Intra-urban Job Accessibility and Hispanic Youth Employment Rates," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 254-271, March.
- Francine D. Blau & Larry M. Kahn, 1981. "Race and sex differences in quits by young workers," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 34(4), pages 563-577, July.
- Offner, Paul & Saks, Daniel H, 1971. "A Note on John Kain's 'Housing Segregation, Negro Employment and Metropolitan Decentralization'," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 147-60, February.
- David T. Ellwood, 1986. "The Spatial Mismatch Hypothesis: Are There Teenage Jobs Missing in the Ghetto?," NBER Chapters, in: The Black Youth Employment Crisis, pages 147-190 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ihlanfeldt, Keith R & Sjoquist, David L, 1990. "Job Accessibility and Racial Differences in Youth Employment Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 267-76, March.
- Straszheim, Mahlon R., 1980. "Discrimination and the spatial characteristics of the urban labor market for black workers," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 119-140, January.
- George A. Akerlof & Andrew K. Rose & Janet L. Yellen, 1988. "Job Switching and Job Satisfaction in the U.S. Labor Market," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 495-594.
- Gray, Robert H. & Sen, Ashish K., 1983. "Estimating gravity model parameters: A simplified approach based on the odds ratio," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 117-131, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:43:y:1998:i:1:p:79-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.