The effects of an employer subsidy on employment outcomes: A study of the work opportunity and welfare-to-work tax credits
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005.
"Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003. "Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2001. "Jobs for the Poor: Can Labor Demand Policies Help?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number tjb2001, November.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1996. "Wage Subsidies for the Disadvantaged," NBER Working Papers 5679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John H. Bishop & Suk Kang, 1991. "Applying for entitlements: Employers and the targeted jobs tax credit," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 24-45.
- Blundell, Richard & Meghir, Costas, 2002. "Active labour market policy vs employment tax credits: lessons from recent UK reforms," Working Paper Series 2002:1, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sarah Hamersma & Carolyn Heinrich & Peter Mueser, 2014.
"Temporary Help Work: Earnings, Wages, and Multiple Job Holding,"
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 72-100, January.
- Peter R. Mueser & Sarah Hamersma & Carolyn Heinrich, 2012. "Temporary Help Work: Earnings, Wages and Multiple Job Holding," Working Papers 1214, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Ammar Farooq & Adriana Kugler, 2015. "What factors contributed to changes in employment during and after the Great Recession?," IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Benjamin Schünemann & Michael Lechner & Conny Wunsch, 2015.
"Do Long-Term Unemployed Workers Benefit from Targeted Wage Subsidies?,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 16(1), pages 43-64, February.
- Schuenemann, Benjamin & Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2011. "Do Long-term Unemployed Workers Benefit from Targeted Wage Subsidies," Economics Working Paper Series 1126, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Michael Lechner & Benjamin Schünemann & Conny Wunsch, 2013. "Do Long-term Unemployed Workers Benefit from Targeted Wage Subsidies?," Working papers 2013/14, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Yonatan Ben-Shalom & Steve Bruns & Kara Contreary & David Stapleton, "undated". "Stay-at-Work/Return-to-Work: Key Facts, Critical Information Gaps, and Current Practices and Proposals," Mathematica Policy Research Reports a56bde146b0444f2a6bb67940, Mathematica Policy Research.
- International Monetary Fund, 2015. "Kuwait; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 15/328, International Monetary Fund.
- Sarah Hamersma & Carolyn Heinrich, 2008.
"Temporary Help Service Firms' Use of Employer Tax Credits: Implications for Disadvantaged Workers' Labor Market Outcomes,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 1123-1148, April.
- Sarah Hamersma & Carolyn Heinrich, 2007. "Temporary Help Service Firms' Use of Employer Tax Credits: Implications for Disadvantaged Workers' Labor Market Outcomes," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 07-135, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Kenneth A. Couch & Douglas J. Besharov & David Neumark, 2013.
"Spurring Job Creation in Response to Severe Recessions: Reconsidering Hiring Credits,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(1), pages 142-171, January.
- David Neumark, 2011. "Spurring Job Creation in Response to Severe Recessions: Reconsidering Hiring Credits," NBER Working Papers 16866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yonatan Ben-Shalom, "undated". "Steps States Can Take to Help Workers Keep Their Jobs after Injury, Illness, or Disability," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 8443f3e24e80421b965869ddb, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Gunderson, Jill Marie & Hotchkiss, Julie L., 2007. "Job Separation Behavior of WOTC Workers: Results from a Unique Case Study," MPRA Paper 44801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Holzer, Harry J., 2007. "Collateral Costs: The Effects of Incarceration on the Employment and Earnings of Young Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 3118, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rita Almeida & Larry Orr & David Robalino, 2014. "Wage subsidies in developing countries as a tool to build human capital: design and implementation issues," IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Deuchert, Eva & Kauer, Lukas, 2013. "Hiring subsidies for people with a disability: Helping or hindering? - Evidence from a small scale social field experiment," Economics Working Paper Series 1335, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:27:y:2008:i:3:p:498-520. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .