Economic growth, poverty and inequality
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahluwalia, Montek S. & Carter, Nicholas G. & Chenery, Hollis B., 1979. "Growth and poverty in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 299-341, August.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 1997.
"What Can New Survey Data Tell Us about Recent Changes in Distribution and Poverty?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 357-382, May.
- Ravallion, Martin & Shaohua Chen, 1996. "What can new survey data tell us about recent changes in distribution and poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1694, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997.
"Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 51-57, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1775, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 1995. "Growth and poverty in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1405, The World Bank.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657 Elsevier.
- Eckstein, Zvi & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1994.
"The effects of compulsory schooling on growth, income distribution and welfare,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 339-359, July.
- Eckstein, Z. & Zilcha, I., 1991. "The Effects of Compulsury Schooling on Growth Income Distribution and Welfare," Papers 38-91, Tel Aviv.
- Zvi Eckstein & Itzhak Zilcha, 1991. "The Effects of Compulsory Schooling on Growth, Income Distribution and Welfare," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 20, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-298, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Fields, Gary S, 1989. "Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 4(2), pages 167-185, July.
- Hoff, Karla & Lyon, Andrew B., 1995.
"Non-leaky buckets: Optimal redistributive taxation and agency costs,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 365-390, November.
- Karla Hoff & Andrew B. Lyon, 1994. "Non-Leaky Buckets: Optimal Redistributive Taxation and Agency Costs," NBER Working Papers 4652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarke, George R. G., 1995. "More evidence on income distribution and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 403-427, August.
- Bruno, Michael & Ravallion, Martin & Squire, Lyn, 1996. "Equity and growth in developing countries : old and new perspectives on the policy issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1563, The World Bank.
- Lipton, Michael, 1997. "Editorial: Poverty -- are there holes in the consensus?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1003-1007, July.
- Satyajit Chatterjee, 1991. "The effect of transitional dynamics on the distribution of wealth in a neoclassical capital accumulation model," Working Papers 91-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Bell, Clive & Rich, Robert, 1994. "Rural Poverty and Aggregate Agricultural Performance in Post-independence India," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(2), pages 111-133, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nguyen, Cuong, 2003. "A Review of the Relation between Economic Growth, Inequality and Poverty," MPRA Paper 85705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Quartey, Peter, 2005. "Financial Sector Development, Savings Mobilization and Poverty Reduction in Ghana," WIDER Working Paper Series 071, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Digdowiseiso, Kumba, 2009. "Education inequality, economic growth, and income inequality: Evidence from Indonesia, 1996-2005," MPRA Paper 17792, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bigsten , Arne & Levin, Jörgen, 2000.
"Growth, Income Distribution, and Poverty: A Review,"
Working Papers in Economics
32, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Arne Bigsten & JÃ¶rgen Levin, 2010. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Poverty: A Review," Working Papers id:3296, eSocialSciences.
- Bigsten, Arne & Levin, Jorgen, 2001. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Poverty: A Review," WIDER Working Paper Series 129, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hichem AYAD, 2016. "Poverty, Inequality And Economic Growth In Algeria: An Ardl Approach," Journal of Social and Economic Statistics, Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 5(1), pages 1-20, JULY.
- Nguyen Viet Cuong, 2013.
"The Impact of Social Security on Household Welfare: Evidence from a Transition Country,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 25(5), pages 737-757, December.
- Nguyen Viet, Cuong, 2010. "The Impact of Social Security on Household Welfare: Evidence from a Transition Country," MPRA Paper 40777, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:11:y:1999:i:2:p:177-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.