The impact of changes in human fertility on poverty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Jolly, Richard & Stewart, Frances (ed.), 1987. "Adjustment with a Human Face: Volume 1, Protecting the Vulnerable and Promoting Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286097.
- M. R. Rosenzweig & Stark, O. (ed.), 1997. "Handbook of Population and Family Economics," Handbook of Population and Family Economics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 1, number 1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hanjra, Munir A. & Ferede, Tadele & Gutta, Debel Gemechu, 2009. "Reducing poverty in sub-Saharan Africa through investments in water and other priorities," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(7), pages 1062-1070, July.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Bongaarts, John & Cleland, John, 2011. "Population, poverty, and sustainable development : a review of the evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5719, The World Bank.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C., 2002. "A Review of Research on Population-Related Issues: 1980-2002," Discussion Papers DP 2002-17, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Oulay Phadouangdeth & Sounthone Phommason & Phouphet Kyophilavong & Inpaeng Sayvaya, 2014. "Does the Accession of Road Reduce the Poverty? Evidence from Northern, Central, and Southern Parts of Lao PDR," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 2(9), pages 377-386, September.
- Kim Jungho & Henriette Engelhardt & Alexia Prskawetz & Arnstein Aassve, 2009. "Does Fertility Decrease the Welfare of Households? An Analysis of Poverty Dynamics and Fertility in Indonesia," VID Working Papers 0506, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
- Melanie Grosse & Stephan Klasen & Julius Spatz, 2005.
"Creating National Poverty Profiles and Growth Incidence Curves with Incomplete Income or Consumption Expenditure Data: An Application to Bolivia,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
129, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Spatz, Julius & Klasen, Stephan & Grosse, Melanie, 2006. "Creating National Poverty Profiles and Growth Incidence Curves with Incomplete Income or Consumption Expenditure Data: An Application to Bolivia," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 26, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- repec:pje:journl:article14sumiii is not listed on IDEAS
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Poverty in Malawi: Policy Analysis with Distributional Changes," MPRA Paper 75980, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sanjay K. Mohanty & Gunther Fink & Rajesh Chauhan & David Canning, 2016.
"Distal determinants of fertility decline: Evidence from 640 Indian districts,"
Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 34(13), pages 373-406, March.
- S.K. Mohanty & Guenther Fink & Rajesh K. Chauhan & David Canning, 2016. "Distal Determinants of Fertility decline: Evidence from 640 Indian Districts," PGDA Working Papers 12415, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 2000. "Reproductive externalities and fertility behaviour," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 619-644, May.
- Baris Ucar & Gianni Betti, 2016. "The effect of a newborn on household poverty: a multi-indicator analysis," Department of Economics University of Siena 742, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Michael Lipton, 2001.
"Reviving global poverty reduction: what role for genetically modified plants?,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 823-846.
- Michael Lipton, 2000. "Reviving Global Poverty Reduction: What Role for Genetically Modified Plants?," PRUS Working Papers 06, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Tamara Tonoyan, 2005. "Poverty, Inequality and Health: А case study of Armenia," Departmental Discussion Papers 124, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Keisuke Kawata & Leksay Keoyasan & Yuichiro Yoshida, 2014. "Expenditure Growth in Laos Between 1997 and 2008 : Is It Due to the Improvement of Social Factors or their Returns?," IDEC DP2 Series 4-5, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Poverty and Inequality in Malawi: Trends, Prospects, and Policy Simulations," MPRA Paper 75979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andersson, Magnus & Engvall, Anders & Kokko, Ari, 2006. "Determinants Of Poverty In Lao Pdr," EIJS Working Paper Series 223, Stockholm School of Economics, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Garza-Rodriguez, Jorge, 2016. "The determinants of poverty in the Mexican states of the US-Mexico border," MPRA Paper 71523, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Contextual Effects of Education on Poverty in Malawi," MPRA Paper 75976, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garza-Rodriguez, Jorge, 2016.
"Los determinantes de la pobreza en los estados mexicanos en la frontera con Estados Unidos
[The determinants of poverty in the Mexican states of the US–Mexico border]," MPRA Paper 71526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Partha Dasgupta, 2000. "Population and Resources: An Exploration of Reproductive and Environmental Externalities," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 26(4), pages 643-689.
- Engvall, Anders, 2007. "Ethnic Minorities And Rural Poverty In Lao Pdr," EIJS Working Paper Series 232, Stockholm School of Economics, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2005. "On the contribution of demographic change to aggregate poverty measures for the developing world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3580, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:36:y:1999:i:1:p:1-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.