Ownership conversion and closure in the nursing home industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph P. Ferrie, 2001. "The Poor and the Dead: Socioeconomic Status and Mortality in the U.S., 1850-1860," NBER Historical Working Papers 0135, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miles S. Kimball & Claudia R. Sahm & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2009.
"Risk Preferences in the PSID: Individual Imputations and Family Covariation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 363-368, May.
- Miles S. Kimball & Claudia R. Sahm & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2009. "Risk Preferences in the PSID: Individual Imputations and Family Covariation," NBER Working Papers 14754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Jody L. Sindelar & Jason Fletcher & Tracy Falba & Patricia Keenan & William T. Gallo, 2007. "Impact of First Occupation on Health at Older Ages," NBER Working Papers 13715, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1988:78:8:910-918_2 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John R. Bowblis & Andrew Ghattas, 2017. "The Impact of Minimum Quality Standard Regulations on Nursing Home Staffing, Quality, and Exit Decisions," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 50(1), pages 43-68, February.
- Gaynor, Martin & Town, Robert J., 2011.
"Competition in Health Care Markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J. Town, 2011. "Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 17208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J Town, 2012. "Competition in Health Care Markets," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 12/282, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Adam Pilny, 2014. "Mergers and Acquisitions in the German Hospital Market – Who are the Targets?," Ruhr Economic Papers 0518, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Bowblis John R. & Brunt Christopher S. & Grabowski David C., 2016. "Competitive Spillovers and Regulatory Exploitation by Skilled Nursing Facilities," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 19(1), pages 45-70, June.
- Pilny, Adam, 2014. "Mergers and Acquisitions in the German Hospital Market – Who are the Targets?," Ruhr Economic Papers 518, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Aaron J. Sojourner & Robert J. Town & David C. Grabowski & Michelle M. Chen, 2012. "Impacts of Unionization on Employment, Product Quality and Productivity: Regression Discontinuity Evidence From Nursing Homes," NBER Working Papers 17733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sojourner, Aaron J. & Frandsen, Brigham R. & Town, Robert J. & Grabowski, David C. & Chen, Michelle M., 2014. "Impacts of Unionization on Quality and Productivity: Regression Discontinuity Evidence from Nursing Homes," IZA Discussion Papers 8240, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Scharf, Kimberley & Tukiainen, Janne, 2015. "Does Market Size Matter Also for Charities?," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 226, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Bowblis, John R. & McHone, Heather S., 2013. "An instrumental variables approach to post-acute care nursing home quality: Is there a dime's worth of evidence that continuing care retirement communities provide higher quality?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 980-996.
- John Bowblis, 2015. "The cost of regulation: More stringent staff regulations and nursing home financial performance," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 325-338, June.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0518 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsnot‐for‐profit ; for‐profit ; closure ; conversion ; nursing homes ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:20:y:2011:i:6:p:631-644. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.