Exit From The Hospital Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Capps, Cory & Dranove, David & Satterthwaite, Mark, 2003. " Competition and Market Power in Option Demand Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 737-763, Winter.
- Wedig, Gerard J & Hassan, Mahmud & Sloan, Frank A, 1989. "Hospital Investment Decisions and the Cost of Capital," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(4), pages 517-537, October.
- Skinner, Jonathan, 1994. "What do stochastic frontier cost functions tell us about inefficiency?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 323-328, October.
- Mary E. Deily & Niccie L. McKay & Fred H. Dorner, 2000. "Exit and Inefficiency: The Effects of Ownership Type," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(4), pages 734-747.
- Gibson, John K & Harris, Richard I D, 1996.
"Trade Liberalisation and Plant Exit in New Zealand Manufacturing,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 521-529, August.
- Gibson,J.K. & Harris,R.I.D., 1996. "Trade Liberalisation and Plant Exit in New Zealand Manufacturing," Papers 66, Portsmouth University - Department of Economics.
- Tay, Abigail, 2003. " Assessing Competition in Hospital Care Markets: The Importance of Accounting for Quality Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 786-814, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaynor, Martin & Town, Robert J., 2011.
"Competition in Health Care Markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J. Town, 2011. "Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 17208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Gaynor & Robert J Town, 2012. "Competition in Health Care Markets," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 12/282, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Capps, Cory & Dranove, David & Lindrooth, Richard C., 2010. "Hospital closure and economic efficiency," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 87-109, January.
- Randall P. Ellis & Bruno Martins & Michelle McKinnon Miller, 2015. "Provider Payment Methods and Incentives," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series wp2015-023, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Lindrooth, Richard C. & Lo Sasso, Anthony T. & Bazzoli, Gloria J., 2003. "The effect of urban hospital closure on markets," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 691-712, September.
- Ko, Michelle & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin & Needleman, Jack & Ponce, Ninez A., 2014. "Whose social capital matters? The case of U.S. urban public hospital closures and conversions to private ownership," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 188-196.
More about this item
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecinqu:v:45:y:2007:i:1:p:71-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.