Do health expenditures 'catch-up'? Evidence from OECD countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Don Webber, 2002. "Policies to stimulate growth: should we invest in health or education?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(13), pages 1633-1643.
- Junsoo Lee & Mark C. Strazicich, 2013.
"Minimum LM unit root test with one structural break,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2483-2492.
- Junsoo Lee & Mark C. Strazicich, 2004. "Minimum LM Unit Root Test with One Structural Break," Working Papers 04-17, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LSUNIT: RATS procedure to implement Lee-Strazicich unit root tests with one or more structural breaks," Statistical Software Components RTS00112, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Evans, Paul, 1998. "Using Panel Data to Evaluate Growth Theories," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(2), pages 295-306, May.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Theo Hitiris, 1997. "Health care expenditure and integration in the countries of the European Union," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 1-6.
- Albert Okunade & Mustafa Karakus, 2001. "Unit root and cointegration tests: timeseries versus panel estimates for international health expenditure models," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 1131-1137.
- Bentzen, Jan, 2005. "Testing for catching-up periods in time-series convergence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 323-328, September.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Yigit, Taner M., 2004. "Nominal and real stochastic convergence of transition economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 23-36, March.
- Yutaka Imai, 2002. "Health Care Reform in Japan," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 321, OECD Publishing.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Parkin, David & McGuire, Alistair & Yule, Brian, 1987. "Aggregate health care expenditures and national income : Is health care a luxury good?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 109-127, June.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Cutler, David M, 1995. "The Cost and Financing of Health Care," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 32-37, May.
- Pedro Pita Barros, 1998. "The black box of health care expenditure growth determinants," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 533-544.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Schmidt, Peter & Phillips, C B Peter, 1992. "LM Tests for a Unit Root in the Presence of Deterministic Trends," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 257-287, August.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Upadhyay, Mukti P., 2002. "Total factor productivity and the convergence hypothesis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 267-286, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mishra, Vinod & Smyth, Russell, 2014.
"Convergence in energy consumption per capita among ASEAN countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 180-185.
- Vinod Mishra & Russell Smyth, 2014. "Convergence in energy consumption per capita among ASEAN countries," Monash Economics Working Papers 22-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Rath, Badri Narayan, 2016. "Does the digital divide across countries lead to convergence? New international evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 75-82.
- Andrea Leiter & Engelbert Theurl, 2012.
"The convergence of health care financing structures: empirical evidence from OECD-countries,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 13(1), pages 7-18, February.
- Andrea Leiter & Engelbert Theurl, 2009. "The Convergence of Health Care Financing Structures: Empirical Evidence from OECD-Countries," NRN working papers 2009-12, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Andrea M. Leiter & Engelbert Theurl, 2009. "The Convergence of Health Care Financing Structures: Empirical Evidence from OECD-Countries," Working Papers 2009-20, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Seema Narayan, 2008. "The role of permanent and transitory shocks in explaining international health expenditures," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1171-1186.
- José Villaverde & Adolfo Maza & María Hierro, 2014. "Health care expenditure disparities in the European Union and underlying factors: a distribution dynamics approach," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 251-268, September.
- Fallahi, Firouz, 2011. "Convergence of Total Health Expenditure as a Share of GDP: Evidence from Selected OECD Countries," MPRA Paper 51324, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ekaterini Panopoulou & Theologos Pantelidis, 2012.
"Convergence in per capita health expenditures and health outcomes in the OECD countries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(30), pages 3909-3920, October.
- Ekaterini Panopoulou & Theologos Pantelidis, 2011. "Convergence in Per Capita Health Expenditures and Health Outcomes in the OECD Countries," Post-Print hal-00712384, HAL.
- Aslan, Alper, 2008. "Convergence of per capita health care expenditures in OECD Countries," MPRA Paper 10592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1357-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aslan, Alper, 2008. "Türkiye’de Suç Oranları Sürekliliğinin Analizi," MPRA Paper 10610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicholas Apergis & Tsangyao Chang & Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta, 2017.
"Convergence of Health Care Expenditures Across the US States: A Reconsideration,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 303-316, August.
- Nicholas Apergis & Tsangyao Chang & Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Convergence of Health Care Expenditures across the US States: A Reconsideration," Working Papers 201542, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Chi Lau & Ka Fung & Lee Pugalis, 2014. "Is health care expenditure across Europe converging? Findings from the application of a nonlinear panel unit root test," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 4(2), pages 137-156, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:16:y:2007:i:10:p:993-1008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.