The effects of industry and firm resources on profitability in the food economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- R. E. Caves & M. E. Porter, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-261.
- Steven T. Sonka & Michael A. Hudson, 1989. "Why agribusiness anyway?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(4), pages 305-314.
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- Jean D. Kinsey, 2001. "The New Food Economy: Consumers, Farms, Pharms, and Science," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1113-1130.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boland, Michael A. & Pendell, Dustin L., 2005. "Persistence of Profitability in Family-Owned Food Businesses," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19216, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jan Schiefer & Stefan Hirsch & Monika Hartmann & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2013. "Industry, firm, year and country effects on profitability in EU food processing," Studies in Economics 1309, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Schiefer, Jan & Hartmann, Monika, 2009. "Industry, firm, year, and country effects on profitability: Evidence from a large sample of EU food processing firms," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49322, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zouaghi, Ferdaous & Hirsch, Stefan & Garcia, Mercedes Sanchez, 2016. "What Drives Firm Profitability? A Multilevel Approach To The Spanish Agri-Food Sector," 56th Annual Conference, Bonn, Germany, September 28-30, 2016 244762, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Micheels, Eric T., 2014. "Experience and learning in beef production: Results from a cluster analysis," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, vol. 3(3), April.
- repec:pdc:jrnbeh:v:13:y:2017:i:2:p:256-269 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carlos J. Trejo-Pech & Richard N. Weldon & Lisa A. House & Michael A. Gunderson, 2009. "The accrual anomaly financial problem in the food supply chain," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 520-533.
- Schiefer, Jan & Hartmann, Monika, 2013. "Industry, firm, year, and country effects on profitability in EU food processing," Discussion Papers 162878, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:21:y:2005:i:1:p:97-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297 .