How Much Does R&D Decision Depend on Firm, Industry, Group and its Interactions?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- R. E. Caves & M. E. Porter, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-261.
- ANITA M. McGAHAN & MICHAEL E. PORTER, 1997. "How Much Does Industry Matter, Really?," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(S1), pages 15-30, July.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1990. "Mobility Barriers and Profitability of Multinational and Local Enterprises in Indian Manufacturing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 449-463, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Basma Sellami Mezghanni, 2010. "How Ceo Attributes Affect Firm R&D Spending? New Evidence From A Panel Of French Firms," Post-Print hal-00479532, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Changhyun Kim & Richard A. Bettis, 2014. "Cash is surprisingly valuable as a strategic asset," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(13), pages 2053-2063, December.
- Eriksen, Bo & Knudsen, Thorbjorn, 2003. "Industry and firm level interaction: Implications for profitability," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 191-199, March.
- J. Vineesh Prakash & D. K. Nauriyal, 2020. "Automotive Components Industry and Profitability Factors: Evidence from India," Vision, , vol. 25(2), pages 209-223, June.
- Stoelhorst, J. W. & van Raaij, Erik M., 2004. "On explaining performance differentials: Marketing and the managerial theory of the firm," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 462-477, May.
- Juan Carlos Bou & Albert Satorra, 2003. "The persistence of abnormal returns at industry and firm levels," Economics Working Papers 729, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Sara Schumacher & Michael Boland, 2005. "The effects of industry and firm resources on profitability in the food economy," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 97-108.
- Brenner, Steffen & Bunke, Olaf & Droge, Bernd & Schwalbach, Joachim, 2001. "The relative importance of group-level effects on the performance of German companies," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,95, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Pankaj Kumar & Xiaojin Liu & Akbar Zaheer, 2022. "How much does the firm's alliance network matter?," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(8), pages 1433-1468, August.
- Zuniga-Vicente, Jose Angel & de la Fuente-Sabate, Juan Manuel & Suarez Gonzalez, Isabel, 2004. "Dynamics of the strategic group membership-performance linkage in rapidly changing environments," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(12), pages 1378-1390, December.
- Sheen S. Levine & Mark Bernard & Rosemarie Nagel, 2018.
"Strategic intelligence: The cognitive capability to anticipate competitor behaviour,"
Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 527-527, February.
- Sheen S. Levine & Mark Bernard & Rosemarie Nagel, 2017. "Strategic Intelligence: The Cognitive Capability to Anticipate Competitor Behavior," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(12), pages 2390-2423, December.
- Peneder, Michael, 2010.
"Technological regimes and the variety of innovation behaviour: Creating integrated taxonomies of firms and sectors,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 323-334, April.
- Michael Peneder, 2010. "Technological Regimes and the Variety of Innovation Behaviour. Creating Integrated Taxonomies of Firms and Sectors," WIFO Working Papers 362, WIFO.
- Eduardo González-Fidalgo & Juan Ventura-Victoria, 2002. "How Much Do Strategic Groups Matter?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 21(1), pages 55-71, August.
- Sako, Mari, 2008. "Do industries matter?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 673-686, August.
- Mas-Ruiz, Francisco J. & Ruiz-Conde, Enar & Calderón-Martínez, Aurora, 2018. "Strategic group influence on entry mode choices in foreign markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1259-1269.
- Boris Durisin & Riccardo Lizzola, 2009. "Same as it ever was, really? An empirical study on the sustainability of superior performance of public companies in the US and in Europe from 1987 to 2007," KITeS Working Papers 011, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised 2009.
- Garcia-Pont, Carlos, 2006. "Alliances and industry analysis," IESE Research Papers D/649, IESE Business School.
- Leiponen, Aija & Drejer, Ina, 2007. "What exactly are technological regimes?: Intra-industry heterogeneity in the organization of innovation activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1221-1238, October.
- Mena, Jeannette A. & Hult, G. Tomas M. & Ferrell, O.C. & Zhang, Yufei, 2019. "Competing assessments of market-driven, sustainability-centered, and stakeholder-focused approaches to the customer-brand relationships and performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 531-543.
- Jan Schiefer & Stefan Hirsch & Monika Hartmann & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2013. "Industry, firm, year and country effects on profitability in EU food processing," Studies in Economics 1309, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Chang-Yang Lee & Ji-Hwan Lee & Ajai S. Gaur, 2017. "Are large business groups conducive to industry innovation? The moderating role of technological appropriability," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 313-337, June.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D decisions ; business groups;
- L - Industrial Organization
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INO-2005-04-16 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0503008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.