Specialisation of European Manufacturing
The article investigates how the structure of manufacturing changes in the EU countries over the past 15 years: it presents evidence about the specialisation of countries in production and exports in general and whether the share of the most important industries is decreasing or increasing under the impact of integration and globalisation.
Volume (Year): 5 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arsenal Object 20, A-1030 Wien|
Phone: (+43 1) 798 26 01-0
Fax: (+43 1) 798 93 86
Web page: http://www.wifo.ac.at/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Böheim & Michael Pfaffermayr & Klaus Gugler, 2000. "Do Growth Rates Differ in European Manufacturing Industries?," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 5(2), pages 93-104, May.
- Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano & Diego Puga, 1998.
"Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography',"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(6), pages 707-731, 08.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco & Puga, Diego, 1997. "Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography'," CEPR Discussion Papers 1699, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bent Dalum & Keld Laursen & Gert Villumsen, 1998. "Structural Change in OECD Export Specialisation Patterns: de-specialisation and 'stickiness'," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 423-443.
- de la Fuente, Angel, 1997.
"The empirics of growth and convergence: A selective review,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 23-73, January.
- de la Fuente, Angel, 1995. "The Empirics of Growth and Convergence: A Selective Review," CEPR Discussion Papers 1275, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- de la Fuente, A., 1995. "The Empirics of Growth and Convergence: A Selective Review," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 294.95, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Haaland, J.I. & Kind, H.J. & knarvik, K.H.M. & Torstensson, J., 1998.
"What Determines the Economic Geography of Europe?,"
19/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Raffaele Paci, 1997.
"More similar and less equal: Economic growth in the European regions,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 133(4), pages 609-634, December.
- R. Paci, 1996. "More similar and less equal. Economic growth in the European regions," Working Paper CRENoS 199609, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- James Harrigan, 1998.
"Estimation of cross-country differences in industry production functions,"
36, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Harrigan, James, 1999. "Estimation of cross-country differences in industry production functions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 267-293, April.
- Sukkoo Kim, 1995. "Expansion of Markets and the Geographic Distribution of Economic Activities: The Trends in U. S. Regional Manufacturing Structure, 1860–1987," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 881-908.
- Puga, Diego, 1999.
"The rise and fall of regional inequalities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 303-334, February.
- Diego Puga, 1996. "The rise and fall of regional inequalities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20643, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Diego Puga, 1996. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEP Discussion Papers dp0314, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Puga, Diego, 1997. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEPR Discussion Papers 1575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1994.
"Localization Economies, Vertical Organization and Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
4744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanson, Gordon H, 1996. "Localization Economies, Vertical Organization, and Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1266-78, December.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J, 1990. "Integration and the Competitiveness of Peripheral Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 363, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sapir, Andre, 1992.
"Regional Integration in Europe,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1491-506, November.
- Karl Aiginger, . "Do Industrial Structures Converge? A Survey on the Empirical Literature on Specialisation and Concentration of Industries," WIFO Working Papers 116, WIFO.
- Sukkoo Kim, 1997. "Economic Integration and Convergence: U.S. Regions, 1840-1987," NBER Working Papers 6335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amiti, Mary, 1998. "New Trade Theories and Industrial Location in the EU: A Survey of Evidence," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 45-53, Summer.
- Davies, S. & Rondi, L. & Sembenelli, A., 1998. "SEM and the Changing Structure of EU Manufacturing, 1987-1993," University of East Anglia Discussion Papers in Economics 9815, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wquart:y:2000:i:2:p:81-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.