Individual Vessel Quotas and Increased Fishing Pressure on Unregulated Species
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1976. "A characterization of the normalized restricted profit function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 131-163, February.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 1988. "Model of Production with Supply Management for the Canadian Agricultural Sector, A," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11269, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Quinn Weninger, 1998.
"Assessing Efficiency Gains from Individual Transferable Quotas: An Application to the Mid-Atlantic Surf Clam and Ocean Quahog Fishery,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 750-764.
- Weninger, Quinn, 1998. "Assessing Efficiency Gains From Individual Transferable Quotas: An Application to the Mid-Atlantic Surf Clam and Ocean Quahog Fishery," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5065, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Trond Bjørndal & Daniel V. Gordon, 1993. "The Opportunity Cost of Capital and Optimal Vessel Size in the Norwegian Fishing Fleet," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(1), pages 98-107.
- Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel, 1978. "Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications (I): The Theory of Production," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, volume 1, number fuss1978.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joshua K. Abbott & Alan C. Haynie & Matthew N. Reimer, 2015. "Hidden Flexibility: Institutions, Incentives, and the Margins of Selectivity in Fishing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(1), pages 169-195.
- Squires, Dale, 2016. "Firm behavior under quantity controls: The theory of virtual quantities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 70-86.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:70:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10640-017-0125-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quérou, N. & Tomini, A., 2013.
"Managing interacting species in unassessed fisheries,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 192-201.
- Nicolas Quérou & Agnès Tomini, 2012. "Managing interacting species in unassessed fisheries," Working Papers 12-32, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Oct 2012.
- Sean Pascoe & Simon Vieira & Catherine M. Dichmont & André E. Punt, 2011.
"Optimal vessel size and output in the Australian northern prawn fishery: a restricted profit function approach,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(1), pages 107-125, January.
- Pascoe, Sean & Vieira, Simon & Dichmont, Catherine M. & Punt, Andre´ E., 2011. "Optimal vessel size and output in the Australian northern prawn fishery: a restricted profit function approach," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(1), pages 1-19.
- Barbara Hutniczak, 2014. "Increasing Pressure on Unregulated Species Due to Changes in Individual Vessel Quotas: An Empirical Application to Trawler Fishing in the Baltic Sea," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(3), pages 201-217.
- Diekert , Florian & Lund , Kristen & Schweder, Tore, 2014. "From Open-Access to Individual Quotas: Disentangling the Effects of Policy Reform and Environmental Changes in the Norwegian Coastal Cod Fishery," Memorandum 07/2014, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Staffan Waldo & Frank Jensen & Max Nielsen & Hans Ellefsen & Jónas Hallgrimsson & Cecilia Hammarlund & Øystein Hermansen & John Isaksen, 2016. "Regulating Multiple Externalities: The Case of Nordic Fisheries," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 233-257.
- Frank Asche, 2009. "Adjustment Cost and Supply Response in a Fishery: A Dynamic Revenue Function," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(1), pages 201-215.
- Hing Ling Chan & Minling Pan, 2016. "Spillover Effects of Environmental Regulation for Sea Turtle Protection in the Hawaii Longline Swordfish Fishery," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 259-279.
- N. Quérou & A. Tomini, 2018.
"Marine Ecosystem Considerations and Second-Best Management,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 70(2), pages 381-401, June.
- Nicolas Quérou & Agnès Tomini, 2015. "Marine ecosystem considerations and second-best management," Working Papers 15-05, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Mar 2015.
- Nicolas Querou & Agnes Tomini, 2018. "Marine ecosystem considerations and second-best management," Post-Print hal-01601352, HAL.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:76:y:2018:i:c:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Querou & Agnès Tomini, 2014. "Ecosystem considerations in a second-best world," Post-Print hal-01123390, HAL.
- Lars Gårn Hansen & Carsten Lynge Jensen, 2014. "Jointness through vessel capacity input in a multispecies fishery," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(6), pages 745-756, November.
- Ussif Rashid Sumaila & Gordon R. Munro & Jon G. Sutinen, 2007. "Recent Developments in Fisheries Economics: An Introduction," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 83(1), pages 1-5.
- Christian Elleby & Frank Jensen, 2018. "How Many Instruments Do We Really Need? A First-Best Optimal Solution to Multiple Objectives with Fisheries Regulation," IFRO Working Paper 2018/05, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
More about this item
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:83:y:2007:i:1:p:41-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.