How Do National Markets and Price Policies Affect Land Use at the Forest Margin? Evidence from the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meilke, Karl D. & Sarker, Rakhal, 1997.
"Four case studies of agri-food CVDs and a proposal for reforming national administered protection agencies,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17(2-3), December.
- Shively, Gerald E., 1997. "Consumption risk, farm characteristics, and soil conservation adoption among low-income farmers in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, pages 165-177.
- Barrett, Scott, 1991. "Optimal soil conservation and the reform of agricultural pricing policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 167-187.
- Ian Coxhead & Sisira Jayasuriya, 1994. "Technical Change in Agriculture and Land Degradation in Developing Countries: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(1), pages 20-37.
- Deacon Robert T., 1995. "Assessing the Relationship between Government Policy and Deforestation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Backus, David, 1986. "The Canadian-U.S. Exchange Rate: Evidence from a Vector Autoregression," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 628-637, November.
- Jayasuriya, S. K. & Shand, R. T., 1986. "Technical change and labor absorption in Asian agriculture: Some emerging trends," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 415-428, March.
- Shively, Gerald E., 1997.
"Consumption risk, farm characteristics, and soil conservation adoption among low-income farmers in the Philippines,"
Blackwell, pages 165-177.
- Shively, Gerald E., 1997. "Consumption risk, farm characteristics, and soil conservation adoption among low-income farmers in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17(2-3), December.
- Cooley, Thomas F. & Leroy, Stephen F., 1985. "Atheoretical macroeconometrics: A critique," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 283-308, November.
- Angelsen, Arild, 1999. "Agricultural expansion and deforestation: modelling the impact of population, market forces and property rights," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 185-218.
- Lopez, Ramon & Niklitschek, Mario, 1991. "Dual economic growth in poor tropical areas," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 189-211.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1990. "The Farm-Level Economics of Soil Conservation: The Uplands of Java," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 199-211.
- Param Silvapulle & Sisira Jayasuriya, 1994. "Testing For Philippines Rice Market Integration: A Multiple Cointegration Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 369-380.
- Mendoza, Meyra Sebello & Rosegrant, Mark W., 1995. "Pricing behavior in Philippine corn markets: implications for market efficiency," Research reports 101, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:155:d:63587 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rola, Agnes C. & Coxhead, Ian, 2002. "Does Nonfarm Job Growth Encourage or Retard Soil Conservation in Philippine Uplands?," Philippine Journal of Development PJD 2002 Vol. XXIX No. 1-, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Barbier,Edward B., 2007. "Natural Resources and Economic Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521706513, December.
- Coxhead, Ian & Jayasuriya, Sisira, 2002. "Development Strategy, Poverty and Deforestation in the Philippines," Staff Paper Series 456, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2009. "Impact Assessment of National and Regional Policies Using the Philippine Regional General Equilibrium Model (PRGEM)," Discussion Papers DP 2009-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Mog, Justin M., 2004. "Struggling with Sustainability--A Comparative Framework for Evaluating Sustainable Development Programs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2139-2160, December.
- Bayou Demeke & Ian Coxhead, 2005. "The Effect of National Policies and Labor Market on Land Use Decisions in Developing Countries: An Application of Maximum Simulated Likelihood to System of Censored Acreages with Panel Data," Others 0503007, EconWPA.
- Caviglia-Harris, Jill L., 2005. "Cattle Accumulation and Land Use Intensification by Households in the Brazilian Amazon," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
- Bradley T. Hiller & Peter M. Guthrie & Aled W. Jones, 2016. "Overcoming Ex-Post Development Stagnation: Interventions with Continuity and Scaling in Mind," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-26, February.
More about this item
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:77:y:2001:i:2:p:250-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .