Corruption, provincial institutions and manufacturing firm productivity.New evidence from a transitional economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jakob Svensson, 2005. "Eight Questions about Corruption," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 19-42, Summer.
- Rachel Griffith & Elena Huergo & Jacques Mairesse & Bettina Peters, 2006.
"Innovation and Productivity Across Four European Countries,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 483-498, Winter.
- Rachel Griffith & Elena Huergo & Jacques Mairesse & Bettina Peters, 2006. "Innovation and Productivity across Four European Countries," NBER Working Papers 12722, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nguyen, Thuy Thu & van Dijk, Mathijs A., 2012. "Corruption, growth, and governance: Private vs. state-owned firms in Vietnam," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2935-2948.
- Humphry Hung, 2008. "Normalized Collective Corruption in a Transitional Economy: Small Treasuries in Large Chinese Enterprises," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 79(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2005.
"Does corruption grease or sand the wheels of growth?,"
Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 69-97, January.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2005. "Does corruption grease or sand the wheels of growth?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7364, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- George Emm Halkos & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2010. "Corruption and Economic Efficiency: Panel Data Evidence," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 441-454.
- Hasan Faruq & Michael Webb & David Yi, 2013. "Corruption, Bureaucracy and Firm Productivity in A frica," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 117-129, February.
- Kasahara, Hiroyuki & Rodrigue, Joel, 2008.
"Does the use of imported intermediates increase productivity? Plant-level evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 106-118, August.
- Joel Rodrigue & Hiroyuki Kasahara, 2004. "Does the Use of Imported Intermediates Increase Productivity? Plant-Level Evidence," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 511, Econometric Society.
- Hiroyuki Kasahara & Joel Rodrigue, 2005. "Does the Use of Imported Intermediates Increase Productivity? Plant-Level Evidence," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20057, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Olley, G Steven & Pakes, Ariel, 1996.
"The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1263-1297, November.
- G. Steven Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," NBER Working Papers 3977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George S Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics Of Productivity In The Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers 92-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2007.
"Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? Firm level evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 63-75, May.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2000. "Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? - firm-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2485, The World Bank.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1993. "Why Is Rent-Seeking So Costly to Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 409-414, May.
- Huong Vu & Mark Holmes & Steven Lim & Tuyen Tran, 2014. "Exports and profitability: a note from quantile regression approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(6), pages 442-445, April.
- Mike Wright & Igor Filatotchev & Robert E. Hoskisson & Mike W. Peng, 2005. "Strategy Research in Emerging Economies: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 1-33, January.
- James Levinsohn & Amil Petrin, 2003. "Estimating Production Functions Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 317-341.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2009. "On estimating firm-level production functions using proxy variables to control for unobservables," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 112-114, September.
- Lui, Francis T, 1985. "An Equilibrium Queuing Model of Bribery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 760-781, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tran, Tuyen Quang & Tran, Anh Lan & Pham, Thai Minh & Van Vu, Huong, 2018.
"Local governance and occupational choice among young people: First evidence from Vietnam,"
Children and Youth Services Review,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 21-31.
- Tran, Tuyen & Tran, Anh & Pham, Thai & Vu, Huong, 2017. "Local governance and occupational choice among young people: First evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 84436, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2017.
- Quang Tran, Tuyen & Doan, Tinh & Vu, Huong & Nguyen, Hien, 2018. "The Impact of Public Governance on Household Income: A Quantile Panel Analysis," MPRA Paper 90415, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Mar 2018.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:159:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-018-3793-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption; firm productivity; SMEs; Vietnam;
- C26 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:esteco:v:43:y:2016:i:2:p:199-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verónica Kunze). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuclcl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.