Intellectual Property Protection and Technology Licensing: The Case of Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Jeong-Yeon & Mansfield, Edwin, 1996. "Intellectual Property Protection and U.S. Foreign Direct Investment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 181-186, May.
- Tanaka, Hitoshi & Iwaisako, Tatsuro & Futagami, Koichi, 2007.
"Dynamic analysis of innovation and international transfer of technology through licensing,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 189-212, September.
- Hitoshi Tanaka & Tatsuro Iwaisako & Koichi Futagami, 2006. "Dynamic Analysis of Innovation and International Transfer of Technology through Licensing," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 06-06-Rev., Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), revised Oct 2006.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dinopoulos, Elias & Segerstrom, Paul, 2010. "Intellectual property rights, multinational firms and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 13-27, May.
- Anand, Bharat N & Khanna, Tarun, 2000. "The Structure of Licensing Contracts," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 103-135, March.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Vishwasrao, Sharmila, 1994. "Intellectual property rights and the mode of technology transfer," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 381-402, August.
- Michael W Nicholson, 2007. "The Impact of Industry Characteristics and IPR Policy on Foreign Direct Investment," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(1), pages 27-54, April.
- Sisule F. Musungu & Cecilia Oh, 2008. "The Use of Flexibilities in TRIPS by Developing Countries: Can They Promot Access to Medicines?," Working Papers id:1649, eSocialSciences.
- Lee G. Branstetter & Raymond Fisman & C. Fritz Foley, 2006.
"Do Stronger Intellectual Property Rights Increase International Technology Transfer? Empirical Evidence from U. S. Firm-Level Panel Data,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 121(1), pages 321-349.
- Branstetter, Lee G. & Fisman, Raymond & Foley, C. Fritz, 2004. "Do stronger intellectual property rights increase international technology transfer? Empirical evidence from U.S. firm-level panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3305, The World Bank.
- Walter G. Park & Douglas Lippoldt, 2006. "International licensing and the strengthening of intellectual property rights in developing countries during the 1990s," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2005(1), pages 7-48.
- Uday Sinha, 2006. "Patent Enforcement, Innovation and Welfare," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 88(3), pages 211-241, September.
- Nancy T. Gallini & Ralph A. Winter, 1985. "Licensing in the Theory of Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 237-252, Summer.
- Smith, Pamela J., 2001. "How do foreign patent rights affect U.S. exports, affiliate sales, and licenses?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 411-439, December.
- Michael Ferrantino, 1993. "The effect of intellectual property rights on international trade and investment," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(2), pages 300-331, June.
- Ivus, Olena, 2010. "Do stronger patent rights raise high-tech exports to the developing world?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 38-47, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christine Greenhalgh, 2016.
"Science, technology, innovation and IP in India: new directions and prospects,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 113-138, August.
- Christine Greenhalgh, 2013. "Science, Technology, Innovation and IP in India: New Directions and Prospects," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2013n37, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Christine Greenhalgh, 2013. "Science, Technology, Innovation and IP in India - New Directions and Prospects," Economics Series Working Papers 660, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Giuseppe Vita, 2016.
"International strengthen of intellectual property rights, and financial markets development,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(1), pages 60-67, January.
- Giuseppe Vita, 2016. "International strengthen of intellectual property rights, and financial markets development," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(1), pages 60-67, January.
- Ming Liu & Sumner la Croix, 2013.
"A Cross-Country Index of Intellectual Property Rights in Pharmaceutical Innovations,"
201313, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Ming Liu & Sumner La Croix, 2014. "A Cross-Country Index of Intellectual Property Rights in Pharmaceutical Innovations," Working Papers 2014-13, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Ming Liu & Sumner La Croix, 2014. "A Cross-Country Index of Intellectual Property Rights in Pharmaceutical Innovations," Working Papers 201408, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Fahad Khalil & Xian Sun, 2017.
"The Impacts of Intellectual Property Rights Protection on Cross-Border M&As,"
Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(03), pages 1-35, September.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Khalil, Fahad & Sun, Xian, 2017. "The impacts of intellectual property rights protection on cross-border M&As," Research Discussion Papers 17/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2015. "Capital and Technology Flows: changing technology-acquisition strategies in developing countries," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1511, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Sunil Kanwar, 2013. "Innovation, Efficiency, Productivity and Intellectual Property Rights: Evidence from a BRIC Economy," Working Papers id:5375, eSocialSciences.
- Sunil Kanwar, 2013. "Innovation, Productivity and IPRs," Working papers 230, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:doi:10.1086/665566. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.