Does foreign intellectual property rights protection affect U.S. exports and FDI?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Titus O. Awokuse & Weishi Grace Gu, 2015. "Does Foreign Intellectual Property Rights Protection Affect Us Exports And Fdi?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 256-264, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Jeong-Yeon & Mansfield, Edwin, 1996. "Intellectual Property Protection and U.S. Foreign Direct Investment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 181-186, May.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smarzynska Javorcik, Beata, 2004.
"The composition of foreign direct investment and protection of intellectual property rights: Evidence from transition economies,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 39-62, February.
- Smarzynska, Beata K., 2002. "The composition of foreign direct investment and protection of intellectual property rights : evidence from transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2786, The World Bank.
- Titus O. Awokuse & Keith E. Maskus & Yiting An, 2012.
"Knowledge Capital, International Trade, And Foreign Direct Investment: A Sectoral Analysis,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(3), pages 707-723, July.
- Titus O. Awokuse & Keith E. Maskus & Yiting An, 2010. "Knowledge-Capital, International Trade and Foreign Direct Investment: A Sectoral Analysis," Working Papers 10-11, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Julius Spatz, 2004.
"Intellectual property rights and foreign direct investment: A disaggregated analysis,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 140(3), pages 393-414, September.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Spatz, Julius, 2004. "Intellectual property rights and foreign direct investment: A disaggregated analysis," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3395, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Smith, Pamela J., 1999. "Are weak patent rights a barrier to U.S. exports?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 151-177, June.
- Maskus, Keith E. & Penubarti, Mohan, 1995. "How trade-related are intellectual property rights?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 227-248, November.
- David Greenaway & Richard Kneller, 2007. "Firm heterogeneity, exporting and foreign direct investment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 134-161, February.
- Ginarte, Juan C. & Park, Walter G., 1997. "Determinants of patent rights: A cross-national study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 283-301, October.
- Keith Maskus, 1998. "The international regulation of intellectual property," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 134(2), pages 186-208, June.
- Park, Walter G., 2008. "International patent protection: 1960-2005," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 761-766, May.
- Smith, Pamela J., 2001. "How do foreign patent rights affect U.S. exports, affiliate sales, and licenses?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 411-439, December.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Michael Ferrantino, 1993. "The effect of intellectual property rights on international trade and investment," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(2), pages 300-331, June.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1990. "The Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson Model, the Linder Hypothesis and the Determinants of Bilateral Intra-industry Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1216-1229, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huiying Zhang & Xiaohui Yang, 2016. "Intellectual Property Rights and Export Sophistication," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(03), pages 1-19, October.
- Hsu, Judy & Tiao, Yu-En, 2015. "Patent rights protection and foreign direct investment in Asian countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-6.
- Wunsch-Vincent, Sacha & Kashcheeva, Mila & Zhou, Hao, 2015. "International patenting by Chinese residents: Constructing a database of Chinese foreign-oriented patent families," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 198-219.
- José Fernández Donoso, 2015. "Foreign IPR, Trade and Innovation: Does complexity matter?," Serie Working Papers 23, Universidad del Desarrollo, School of Business and Economics.
- Xie, Zhuan & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2014. "The patterns of patents in China:," IFPRI discussion papers 1385, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Antonio Della Malva & Enrico Santarelli, 2016. "Intellectual property rights, distance to the frontier, and R&D: evidence from microdata," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Mila Kashcheeva & Sacha Wunsch-Vincent & Hao Zhou, 2014. "International Patenting Strategies of Chinese Residents: an analysis of foreign-oriented patent families," WIPO Economic Research Working Papers 20, World Intellectual Property Organization - Economics and Statistics Division.
- Robert Huggins & Shougui Luo & Piers Thompson, 2014. "The competitiveness of China's Leading Regions: Benchmarking Their Knowledge-based Economies," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 105(3), pages 241-267, July.
More about this item
Keywordsexport; FDI; intellectual property rights; GMM;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2010-09-11 (International Trade)
- NEP-IPR-2010-09-11 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-REG-2010-09-11 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dlw:wpaper:10-10.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Saul Hoffman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deudeus.html .