Expert Opinion and the Demand for Experience Goods: An Experimental Approach in the Retail Wine Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hilger, James & Rafert, Greg & Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2011. "Expert Opinion and the Demand for Experience Goods: An Experimental Approach in the Retail Wine Market," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt4nc7h417, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Montgomery, Cynthia A & Wernerfelt, Birger, 1992. "Risk Reduction and Umbrella Branding," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(1), pages 31-50, January.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Taylor, Rebecca & Krovetz, Hannah, 2016.
"Willingness to Pay for Low Water Footprint Food Choices During Drought,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt9vh3x180, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Hannah Krovetz & Rebecca Taylor & Sofia Villas-Boas, 2017. "Willingness to Pay for Low Water Footprint Food Choices During Drought," NBER Working Papers 23495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- O. Loginova & A. Mantovani, 2015. "Information and Online Reviews," Working Papers wp996, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Ralf Dewenter & Ulrich Heimeshoff & Tobias Thomas, 2016. "Media Coverage and Car Manufacturers' Sales," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 976-982.
- Jacobsen, Grant D., 2015. "Consumers, experts, and online product evaluations: Evidence from the brewing industry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 114-123.
- Engström, Per & Forsell, Eskil, 2013. "Demand effects of consumers’ stated and revealed preferences," Working Paper Series 2013:6, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- repec:nbr:nberch:13949 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2015.
"Experts’ awards and economic success: evidence from an Italian literary prize,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 39(4), pages 341-367, November.
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013. "Experts’ Awards And Economic Success: Evidence From An Italian Literary Prize," Working Papers 201306, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Ponzo, Michela & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2015. "Experts' Awards and Economic Success: Evidence from an Italian Literary Prize," IZA Discussion Papers 8765, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013. "Experts’ Awards and Economic Success: Evidence from an Italian Literary Prize," CSEF Working Papers 335, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Oksana Loginova & Andrea Mantovani, 2015. "Price Competition in the Presence of a Web Aggregator," Working Papers 1616, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 17 Aug 2016.
- Gustafson, Christopher R. & Lybbert, Travis J. & Sumner, Daniel A., 2016. "Consumer knowledge affects valuation of product attributes: Experimental results for wine," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 85-94.
- Ralf Dewenter & Ulrich Heimeshoff, 2015.
"Do expert reviews really drive demand? Evidence from a German car magazine,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(14), pages 1150-1153, September.
- Dewenter, Ralf & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2014. "Do expert reviews really drive demand? Evidence from a German car magazine," DICE Discussion Papers 151, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Dewenter, Ralf & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2014. "Do Expert Reviewers Really Drive Demand? Evidence from a German Car Magazine," Working Paper 140/2014, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Gustafson Christopher R., 2015. "The Role of Knowledge in Choice, Valuation, and Outcomes for Multi-Attribute Goods," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 33-43, January.
- Suppliet, Moritz, 2017. "Umbrella Branding in Pharmaceutical Markets," Discussion Paper 2017-034, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Christopher R. Gustafson & Travis J. Lybbert & Daniel A. Sumner, 2016. "Consumer sorting and hedonic valuation of wine attributes: exploiting data from a field experiment," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(1), pages 91-103, January.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Hilger, James & Stevens, Andrew & Hallstein, Eric, 2016. "Measuring Willingness to Pay for Environmental Attributes in Seafood," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6nh0g7fg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- repec:eee:touman:v:55:y:2016:i:c:p:15-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amedeo Piolatto, 2015. "Online booking and information: competition and welfare consequences of review aggregators," Working Papers 2015/11, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:93:y:2011:i:4:p:1289-1296. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .