Expert Opinion and the Demand for Experience Goods: An Experimental Approach in the Retail Wine Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- James Hilger & Greg Rafert & Sofia Villas-Boas, 2011. "Expert Opinion and the Demand for Experience Goods: An Experimental Approach in the Retail Wine Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1289-1296, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Montgomery, Cynthia A & Wernerfelt, Birger, 1992. "Risk Reduction and Umbrella Branding," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(1), pages 31-50, January.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oksana Loginova & Andrea Mantovani, 2015. "Price Competition in the Presence of a Web Aggregator," Working Papers 1616, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 17 Aug 2016.
- Gustafson, Christopher R. & Lybbert, Travis J. & Sumner, Daniel A., 2016. "Consumer knowledge affects valuation of product attributes: Experimental results for wine," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 85-94.
- Suppliet, Moritz, 2017. "Umbrella Branding in Pharmaceutical Markets," Discussion Paper 2017-034, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Taylor, Rebecca & Krovetz, Hannah, 2016.
"Willingness to Pay for Low Water Footprint Food Choices During Drought,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt9vh3x180, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Hannah Krovetz & Rebecca Taylor & Sofia Villas-Boas, 2017. "Willingness to Pay for Low Water Footprint Food Choices During Drought," NBER Working Papers 23495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- O. Loginova & A. Mantovani, 2015. "Information and Online Reviews," Working Papers wp996, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:eee:touman:v:55:y:2016:i:c:p:15-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2015.
"Experts’ awards and economic success: evidence from an Italian literary prize,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 39(4), pages 341-367, November.
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013. "Experts’ Awards And Economic Success: Evidence From An Italian Literary Prize," Working Papers 201306, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Ponzo, Michela & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2015. "Experts' Awards and Economic Success: Evidence from an Italian Literary Prize," IZA Discussion Papers 8765, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michela Ponzo & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013. "Experts’ Awards and Economic Success: Evidence from an Italian Literary Prize," CSEF Working Papers 335, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Ralf Dewenter & Ulrich Heimeshoff & Tobias Thomas, 2016. "Media Coverage and Car Manufacturers' Sales," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(2), pages 976-982.
- Ralf Dewenter & Ulrich Heimeshoff, 2015.
"Do expert reviews really drive demand? Evidence from a German car magazine,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(14), pages 1150-1153, September.
- Dewenter, Ralf & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2014. "Do expert reviews really drive demand? Evidence from a German car magazine," DICE Discussion Papers 151, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Dewenter, Ralf & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2014. "Do Expert Reviewers Really Drive Demand? Evidence from a German Car Magazine," Working Paper 140/2014, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Jacobsen, Grant D., 2015. "Consumers, experts, and online product evaluations: Evidence from the brewing industry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 114-123.
- Engström, Per & Forsell, Eskil, 2013. "Demand effects of consumers’ stated and revealed preferences," Working Paper Series 2013:6, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher R. Gustafson & Travis J. Lybbert & Daniel A. Sumner, 2016. "Consumer sorting and hedonic valuation of wine attributes: exploiting data from a field experiment," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(1), pages 91-103, January.
- repec:nbr:nberch:13949 is not listed on IDEAS
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Hilger, James & Stevens, Andrew & Hallstein, Eric, 2016. "Measuring Willingness to Pay for Environmental Attributes in Seafood," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6nh0g7fg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Gustafson Christopher R., 2015. "The Role of Knowledge in Choice, Valuation, and Outcomes for Multi-Attribute Goods," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 33-43, January.
- Amedeo Piolatto, 2015. "Online booking and information: competition and welfare consequences of review aggregators," Working Papers 2015/11, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
More about this item
KeywordsSocial and Behavioral Sciences; Life Sciences; Business; experimental methods; consumer behavior; wine industry;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:agrebk:qt4nc7h417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dabrkus.html .