Determinants of access to academic careers in France
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paula E. Stephan & Sharon G. Levin, 1997. "The Critical Importance of Careers in Collaborative Scientific Research," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 79(1), pages 45-61.
- Vincent Mangematin & Nadine Mandran & A. Crozet, 2000. "The Carrers of Social Science Doctoral Graduates in France: the Influence of How the Research was Carried Out," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00424362, HAL.
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "Easy Estimation Methods for Discrete-Time Duration Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 129-138, February.
- Vincent Mangematin & Nadine Mandran & A. Crozet, 2000. "The Carrers of Social Science Doctoral Graduates in France: the Influence of How the Research was Carried Out," Post-Print hal-00424362, HAL.
- S. Robin & E. Cahuzac, 2003.
"Knocking on Academia's Doors: An Inquiry into the Early Careers of Doctors in Life Sciences,"
LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 17(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Eric Cahuzac & S. Robin, 2003. "Knocking on Academia's doors : an Inquiry into the Early Careers of Doctors in Life Sciences," Post-Print halshs-00006094, HAL.
- Gaughan, Monica & Robin, Stephane, 2004. "National science training policy and early scientific careers in France and the United States," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 569-581, May.
- Mangematin, V., 2000. "PhD job market: professional trajectories and incentives during the PhD," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 741-756, June.
- Aloysius Siow, 1991. "Are First Impressions Important in Academia?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(2), pages 236-255.
- Liliane Bonnal & Denis Fougère & Anne Sérandon, 1997. "Evaluating the Impact of French Employment Policies on Individual Labour Market Histories," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 683-713.
- Gritz, R. Mark, 1993. "The impact of training on the frequency and duration of employment," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 21-51.
- Aloysius Siow, 1995. "The Organization of the Market for Professors," Working Papers siow-95-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Carmichael, H Lorne, 1988. "Incentives in Academics: Why Is There Tenure?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 453-472, June.
- Isabelle Recotillet, 2007. "PhD Graduates with Post‐doctoral Qualification in the Private Sector: Does It Pay Off?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 21(3), pages 473-502, September.
- Paula Stephan & Jennifer Ma, 2005. "The Increased Frequency and Duration of the Postdoctorate Career Stage," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 71-75, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Natalia A. Shmatko & Yurij L. Katchanov & Galina L. Volkova, 2018. "Research Careers: Conceptual Frameworks And Actual Practices," HSE Working papers WP BRP 87/STI/2018, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Bruno Brandao Fischer & Maxim Kotsemir & Dirk Meissner & Ekaterina Streltsova, 2018. "Patents For Evidence-Based Decision-Making And Smart Specialization," HSE Working papers WP BRP 86/STI/2018, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsPhD; academic sector; labour market entrance; post-doc; tenure;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecinnt:v:19:y:2010:i:5:p:437-458. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GEIN20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.