Which firms want PhDs? The effect of the university-industry relationship on the PhD labour market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- José García-Quevedo & Francisco Mas-Verdú & Jose Polo-Otero, 2010. "Which firms want PhDS? The effect of the university-industry relationship on the PhD labour market," Working Papers 2010/13, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- José García-Quevedo & Francisco Mas-Verdú & José Polo-Otero, 2010. "Which firms want PhDs? The effect of the university-industry relationship on the PhD labour market," Working Papers XREAP2010-02, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Mar 2010.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jensen, Morten Berg & Johnson, Bjorn & Lorenz, Edward & Lundvall, Bengt Ake, 2007. "Forms of knowledge and modes of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 680-693, June.
- Vincent Mangematin & Nadine Mandran & A. Crozet, 2000. "The Carrers of Social Science Doctoral Graduates in France: the Influence of How the Research was Carried Out," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00424362, HAL.
- repec:spr:scient:v:80:y:2009:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-008-2081-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00424362 is not listed on IDEAS
- V Mangematin & S Robin, 2003. "The two faces of PhD students: Management of early careers of French PhDs in life sciences," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(6), pages 405-414, December.
- Elena Huergo & Jordi Jaumandreu, 2004. "How Does Probability of Innovation Change with Firm Age?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 193-207, April.
- Grimpe, Christoph & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2009. "Search patterns and absorptive capacity: Low- and high-technology sectors in European countries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 495-506, April.
- Azagra-Caro, Joaquin M. & Archontakis, Fragiskos & Gutierrez-Gracia, Antonio & Fernandez-de-Lucio, Ignacio, 2006. "Faculty support for the objectives of university-industry relations versus degree of R&D cooperation: The importance of regional absorptive capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 37-55, February.
- Laura Cruz-Castro & Luis Sanz-Menéndez, 2005. "The employment of PhDs in firms: trajectories, mobility and innovation," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 57-69, April.
- Mangematin, V., 2000. "PhD job market: professional trajectories and incentives during the PhD," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 741-756, June.
- Joaquín M. Azagra-Caro & Ignacio Fernández-de-Lucio & François Perruchas & Pauline Mattsson, 2009.
"What do patent examiner inserted citations indicate for a region with low absorptive capacity?,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 80(2), pages 441-455, August.
- Azagra-Caro, Joaquín M. & Fernández-de-Lucio, Ignacio & Perruchas, François & Mattsson, Pauline, 2008. "What Do Patent Examiner Inserted Citations Indicate For A Region With Low Absorptive Capacity," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 200808, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 27 Apr 2010.
- Joaquín M. Azagra Caro, 2007. "The Regional Dimension of University–Industry Interaction," Chapters,in: Knowledge Externalities, Innovation Clusters and Regional Development, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
More about this item
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivc:wpaper:2010r02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Asier Murciego). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ordeues.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.