Do US employers discriminate against females when hiring their employees?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Francine D. Blau & Andrea H. Beller, 1988. "Trends in Earnings Differentials by Gender, 1971â€“1981," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(4), pages 513-529, July.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Jacob Mincer, 1991. "Human Capital, Technology, and the Wage Structure: What Do Time Series Show?," NBER Working Papers 3581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Larry DeBoer & Michael C. Seeborg, 1989. "The Unemployment Rates of Men and Women: A Transition Probability Analysis," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 42(3), pages 404-414, April.
- John M. Abowd & Henry S. Farber, 1982. "Job Queues and the Union Status of Workers," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 35(3), pages 354-367, April.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Beth Niemi, 1974. "The Female-Male Differential in Unemployment Rates," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 27(3), pages 331-350, April.
- Heywood, John S. & Mohanty, Madhu S., 1990. "Race and employment in the federal sector," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 179-183, June.
- Andrew M. Gill, 1989. "The Role of Discrimination in Determining Occupational Structure," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 42(4), pages 610-623, July.
- Heywood, John S & Mohanty, Madhu S, 1995. "Estimation of the US Federal Job Queue in Presence of an Endogenous Union Queue," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(248), pages 479-493, November.
- Joni Hersch, 1991. "Male-Female Differences in Hourly Wages: The Role of Human Capital, Working Conditions, and Housework," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(4), pages 746-759, July.
- Johnson, Janet L, 1983. "Sex Differentials in Unemployment Rates: A Case for No Concern," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 293-303, April.
- James E. Long, 1976. "Employment Discrimination in the Federal Sector," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 11(1), pages 86-97.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edmund J. Zolnik, 2011. "The Geographic Distribution of U.S. Unemployment by Gender," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 25(1), pages 91-103, February.
- Chen, Guifu & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2010. "Bivariate probit analysis of differences between male and female formal employment in urban China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 494-501, October.
- Antonio J. Trujillo & Dawn C. McCalla, 2004. "Are Colombian sickness funds cream skimming enrollees? An analysis with suggestions for policy improvement," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 873-888.
- Shigeyuki Hamori & Guifu Chen, 2008. "Do Chinese employers discriminate against females when hiring employees ?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(14), pages 1-17.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2008:i:14:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Madhu Mohanty, 2002. "A bivariate probit approach to the determination of employment: a study of teen employment differentials in Los Angeles County," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 143-156.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:30:y:1998:i:11:p:1471-1482. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.