Sex Differentials in Unemployment Rates: A Case for No Concern
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghazala Azmat & Maia Güell & Alan Manning, 2006.
"Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 1-38, January.
- Ghazala Azmat & Maia Güell & Alan Manning, 2003. "Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries," Working Papers 137, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Azmat, Ghazala & Guell, Maia & Manning, Alan, 2004. "Gender gaps in unemployment rates in OECD countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19995, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ghazala Azmat & Maia Güell & Alan Manning, 2004. "Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0607, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Azmat, Ghazala & Güell, Maia & Manning, Alan, 2004. "Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 4307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guifu Chen & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2014.
"Do Chinese Employers Discriminate Against Females When Hiring Employees?,"
SpringerBriefs in Economics, in: Rural Labor Migration, Discrimination, and the New Dual Labor Market in China, edition 127, chapter 0, pages 39-51,
- Shigeyuki Hamori & Guifu Chen, 2008. "Do Chinese employers discriminate against females when hiring employees ?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(14), pages 1-17.
- Marianna Belloc & Riccardo Tilli, 2013. "Unemployment by gender and gender catching-up: Empirical evidence from the Italian regions," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(3), pages 481-494, August.
- Herve Queneau & Amit Sen, 2009. "Regarding the unemployment gap by race and gender in the United States," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2749-2757.
- Perali, Federico & Polinori, Paolo & Salvioni, Cristina & Veronesi, Marcella, 2005. "A Bivariate Approach to the Determination of Effective Pollution by Farm-households," 89th Seminar, February 2-5, 2005, Parma, Italy 239273, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Guifu Chen & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2014.
"Bivariate Probit Analysis of the Differences Between Male and Female Formal Employment in Urban China,"
SpringerBriefs in Economics, in: Rural Labor Migration, Discrimination, and the New Dual Labor Market in China, edition 127, chapter 0, pages 65-76,
- Chen, Guifu & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2010. "Bivariate probit analysis of differences between male and female formal employment in urban China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 494-501, October.
- Neil Garston & Tom Larson & Madhu S. Mohanty, 2006. "A Voucher Supplement To Existing Anti-Discrimination Programs In The Job Market," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 331-354, Spring.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2019. "The labor market in the US, 2000–2018," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 361-361, May.
- Tindara Addabbo & Paula Rodr íguez-Modroño & Lina Gálvez-Muñoz, 2014. "Youth living in a couple. How women's labour supply adapts to the crisis. The case of Spain," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0114, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Eva O. Arceo Gómez & Raymundo M. Campos Vázquez, 2011.
"¿Quiénes son los NiNis en México?,"
Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos
2011-08, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Arceo-Gómez, Eva Olimpia & Campos-Vázquez, Raymundo M., 2012. "¿Quiénes son los NiNis en México? [Who are the idle youth in Mexico?]," MPRA Paper 44530, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2013.
- Eva O. Arceo-Gómez & Raymundo M. Campos-Vázquez, 2011. "¿Quiénes son los NiNis en México?," Working papers DTE 524, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Tindara Addabbo & Paula Rodríguez-Modroño & Lina Gálvez-Muñoz, 2013. "Gender and the Great Recession: Changes in labour supply in Spain," Department of Economics (DEMB) 0010, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Department of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2008:i:14:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amaia Altuzarra, 2015. "Measuring Unemployment Persistence by Age and Gender," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 110-133, December.
- Alena Bičáková, 2016.
"Gender unemployment gaps in the EU: blame the family,"
IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-31, December.
- Alena Bicakova, 2012. "Gender Unemployment Gaps in the EU: Blame the Family," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp475, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1988.
"Migration selectivity and the effects of public programs,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 265-289, December.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1984. "Migration Selectivity and the Effects of Public Programs," Bulletins 8442, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Wamuthenya, W.R., 2010. "To what extent can disparities in compositional and structural factors account for the gender gap in unemployment in the urban areas of Kenya?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19752, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Madhu Mohanty, 2002. "A bivariate probit approach to the determination of employment: a study of teen employment differentials in Los Angeles County," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 143-156.
- Alexander Mihailov & Giovanni Razzu & Zhe Wang, 2020. "The Gender Unemployment Gap Across the Euro Area: The Role of Macroeconomic Shocks and Labour Market Institutions," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2020-26, Department of Economics, University of Reading.
- Thomas Van Gent & Farida C. Khan & Norman Cloutier, 2019. "Industrial Effects on Male and Female Unemployment Over the Great Recession: An Interurban Analysis," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 64(1), pages 19-30, March.
- Ana Carolina Ortega Masagué, 2006. "El diferencial entre las tasas de desempleo de hombres y mujeres en Argentina," Working Papers 2006-08, FEDEA.
- Madhu Mohanty, 1998. "Do US employers discriminate against females when hiring their employees?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(11), pages 1471-1482.
- Madhu S. Mohanty, 2003. "An Alternative Explanation for the Equality of Male and Female Unemployment Rates in the U.S. Labor Market in the Late 1980s," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(1), pages 69-92, Winter.
- repec:mod:depeco:0010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fenglian Du & Jian-chun Yang & Xiao-yuan Dong, 2007. "Why Do Women Have Longer Unemployment Durations than Men in Post-Restructuring Urban China?," Working Papers PMMA 2007-23, PEP-PMMA.
- Giovanni Razzu & Carl Singleton, 2013. "Are Business Cycles Gender Neutral?," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2013-07, Department of Economics, University of Reading.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:91:y:1983:i:2:p:293-303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Journals Division (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.