An empirical examination of the relationship between mining employment and poverty in the Appalachian region
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Dan A. Black & Terra G. McKinnish & Seth G. Sanders, 2005. "Tight Labor Markets and the Demand for Education: Evidence from the Coal Boom and Bust," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 59(1), pages 3-16, October.
- Schwartz, Aba, 1976. "Migration, Age, and Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 701-719, August.
- Eriksson, Goran, 1991. "Human Capital Investments and Labor Mobility," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(3), pages 236-254, July.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 2007. "Persistent Pockets of Extreme American Poverty and Job Growth: Is There a Place-Based Policy Role?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Michele Ver Ploeg & Constance F. Citro, 2008. "Poverty Measurement: Orshansky's Original Measures and the Development of Alternatives ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 581-590.
- William Levernier & Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2000.
"The Causes of Regional Variations in U.S. Poverty: A Cross-County Analysis,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 473-497.
- Dan Rickman, 1998. "The causes of regional variation in U.S. poverty: A cross-county analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa98p13, European Regional Science Association.
- Jeffrey J. Yankow, 2003. "Migration, Job Change, and Wage Growth: A New Perspective on the Pecuniary Return to Geographic Mobility," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 483-516.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2006. "The Geography of American Poverty: Is There a Need for Place-Based Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number gap, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michieka, Nyakundi M. & Gearhart, Richard, 2015. "Oil price fluctuations and employment in Kern County: A Vector Error Correction approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 584-590.
- Joseph Marchand, 2015.
"The distributional impacts of an energy boom in Western Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 714-735, May.
- Marchand, Joseph, 2013. "The Distributional Impacts of an Energy Boom in Western Canada," Working Papers 2013-13, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2014.
- Marchand, Joseph, 2014. "The Distributional Impacts of an Energy Boom in Western Canada," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-28, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 16 Jun 2014.
- Betz, Michael R. & Partridge, Mark D. & Farren, Michael & Lobao, Linda, 2015.
"Coal mining, economic development, and the natural resources curse,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 105-116.
- Betz, Mike & Farren, Michael & Lobao, Linda & Partridge, Mark D., 2014. "Coal Mining, Economic Development, and the Natural Resource Curse," MPRA Paper 58016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marchand, Joseph & Weber, Jeremy, 2016. "Local Labor Markets and Natural Resources: A Synthesis of the Literature," Working Papers 2016-10, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 24 Jan 2017.
- Douglas, Stratford M. & Walker, Anne, 2012. "Sample Selection in Appalachian Research," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 42(2), pages 143-159, Summer.
- Xu, Hangtian & Nakajima, Kentaro, 2016. "Did China's coal mine regulation positively affect economic growth?," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 160-168.
- repec:spr:minecn:v:30:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13563-017-0117-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- James, Alexander, 2016. "The long-run vanity of Prudhoe Bay," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 270-275.
- Xu, Hangtian & Nakajima, Kentaro, 2013. "The Role of Coal Mine Regulation in Regional Development," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 45, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:44:y:2012:i:3:p:303-312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .