Inclusive Cluster-Based Development Strategies for Inner Cities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William B. Beyers & Michael J. Alvine, 1985. "Export Services In Postindustrial Society," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 33-45, January.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Bailey Klinger, 2007. "The Structure of the Product Space and the Evolution of Comparative Advantage," CID Working Papers 146, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- John Butler, 1996. "Entrepreneurship and the advantages of the inner city: How to augment the porter thesis," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 24(2), pages 39-49, December.
- Edward Feser & Edward Bergman, 2000. "National Industry Cluster Templates: A Framework for Applied Regional Cluster Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 1-19.
- Christian H.M. Ketels & Olga Memedovic, 2008. "From clusters to cluster-based economic development," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 375-392.
- Edward Feser & Andrew Isserman, 2009. "The Rural Role in National Value Chains," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 89-109.
- Ivan Turok, 2004. "Cities, Regions and Competitiveness," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1069-1083.
- Sterling A. Bone & Glenn L. Christensen & Jerome D. Williams, 2014. "Rejected, Shackled, and Alone: The Impact of Systemic Restricted Choice on Minority Consumers' Construction of Self," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 451-474.
- Stuart A. Rosenfeld, 2003. "Expanding Opportunities: Cluster Strategies That Reach More People and More Places 1," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 359-377, June.
- Hector Rocha, 2004. "Entrepreneurship and Development: The Role of Clusters," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 363-400, October.
- Michael Porter, 1996. "An economic strategy for America’s inner cities: Addressing the controversy," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 24(2), pages 303-336, December.
- Margaret Simms & Winston Allen, 1996. "Is the inner city competitive?," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 24(2), pages 213-219, December.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Maureen Kilkenny & Mark D. Partridge, 2009. "Export Sectors and Rural Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 910-929.
- William Levernier & Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2000.
"The Causes of Regional Variations in U.S. Poverty: A Cross‐County Analysis,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 473-497, August.
- Dan Rickman, 1998. "The causes of regional variation in U.S. poverty: A cross-county analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa98p13, European Regional Science Association.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2006. "The Geography of American Poverty: Is There a Need for Place-Based Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number gap.
- Daniel A. Hartley & Nikhil Kaza & T. William Lester, 2016. "Are Americaâ€™s Inner Cities Competitive? Evidence From the 2000s," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 30(2), pages 137-158, May.
- Timothy Bates & Alicia Robb, 2016. "Impacts of Owner Race and Geographic Context on Access to Small-Business Financing," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 30(2), pages 159-170, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Christopher S. Fowler & Rachel Garshick Kleit, 2014. "The Effects of Industrial Clusters on the Poverty Rate," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 90(2), pages 129-154, April.
- Cristina Santos & Alexandre Almeida & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2008. "Searching for clusters in tourism. A quantitative methodological proposal," FEP Working Papers 293, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- B. James Deaton & Getu Hailu & Xiaoye Zhou, 2014. "Poverty in Canada: Does Manufacturing Matter?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 362-376, June.
- David J. Peters, 2009. "Typology of American Poverty," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 32(1), pages 19-39, January.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & M. Rose Olfert & Ying Tan, 2015.
"When Spatial Equilibrium Fails: Is Place-Based Policy Second Best?,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(8), pages 1303-1325, August.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Olfert, M. Rose & Tan, Ying, 2012. "When spatial equilibrium fails: is place-based policy second best?," MPRA Paper 40270, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & M. Rose Olfert & Ying Tan, 2012. "When Spatial Equilibrium Fails: Is Place-Based Policy Second Best?," Economics Working Paper Series 1204, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Giger, Markus & Mutea, Emily & Kiteme, Boniface & Eckert, Sandra & Anseeuw, Ward & Zaehringer, Julie G., 2020. "Large agricultural investments in Kenya’s Nanyuki Area: Inventory and analysis of business models," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Delgado, Mercedes & Porter, Michael E. & Stern, Scott, 2014.
"Clusters, convergence, and economic performance,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 1785-1799.
- Mercedes Delgado & Michael Porter & Scott Stern, 2010. "Clusters, Convergence, and Economic Performance," Working Papers 10-34, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Mercedes Delgado & Michael E. Porter & Scott Stern, 2012. "Clusters, Convergence, and Economic Performance," NBER Working Papers 18250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mirko Titze & Matthias Brachert & Alexander Kubis, 2011. "Local and regional knowledge sources of industrial clusters - methodical aspects in a multidimensional framework for cluster identification," ERSA conference papers ersa10p709, European Regional Science Association.
- Karyn Morrissey, 2016. "A location quotient approach to producing regional production multipliers for the Irish economy," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(3), pages 491-506, August.
- B. James Deaton & Ekaterina Niman, 2012. "An empirical examination of the relationship between mining employment and poverty in the Appalachian region," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 303-312, January.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Wissensintensive Unternehmensdienste, Wissens-Spillovers und regionales Wachstum. Teilprojekt 1: Wissens-Spillovers und regionale Entwicklung Welche strukturpolitische Ausrichtung optimiert das Wachst," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 58342, June.
- Mark D. Partridge & M. Rose Olfert, 2011.
"The Winners' Choice: Sustainable Economic Strategies for Successful 21st-Century Regions,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 143-178.
- Mark D. Partridge & M. Rose Olfert, 2011. "The Winners' Choice: Sustainable Economic Strategies for Successful 21st-Century Regions," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 143-178.
- Mark D., Partridge & M. Rose, Olfert, 2010. "The Winner's Choice: Sustainable Economic Strategies for Successful 21st Century Regions," MPRA Paper 29646, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark Partridge & Rose Olfert, 2011. "The Winners' Choice: Sustainable Economic Strategies for Successful 21st Century Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1655, European Regional Science Association.
- Tello, Mario D., 2010. "From national to local economic development: theoretical issues," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Francisco Benita & Serhad Sarica & Garvit Bansal, 2020. "Testing the static and dynamic performance of statistical methods for the detection of national industrial clusters," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(4), pages 1137-1157, August.
- Madalina Maticiuc, 2015. "Gaining Competitive Advantage Within Cluster Business Infrastructures," GUT FME Conference Publications, in: Blazej Prusak (ed.),ENTERPRISES IN UNSTABLE ECONOMY, chapter 8, pages 86-93, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Iritié, B. G. Jean Jacques, 2016. "Economic issues of innovation clusters-based industrial policy : a critical overview," EconStor Preprints 142746, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Mirko Titze, 2014.
"Benchmark Value Added Chains and Regional Clusters in German R&D Intensive Industries,"
MAGKS Papers on Economics
201437, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Mirko Titze, 2014. "Benchmark Value Added Chains and Regional Clusters in German R&D Intensive Industries," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1396, European Regional Science Association.
- Guo, Di & Jiang, Kun & Xu, Cheng-Gang & Yang, Xiyi, 2017. "Clustering, Growth, and Inequality in China," CEPR Discussion Papers 12543, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Randall Jackson, 2015. "Are Industry Clusters and Diversity Strange Bedfellows?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 45(2), pages 113-129, Fall.
- José A. Belso-Martinez & Francesc Xavier Molina-Morales, 2013. "Non-Linear Relationships of Internal and External Resources on a Firm's Innovation: The Case of the Spanish Vinalopó Footwear Cluster," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 494-521, September.
More about this item
Keywordsinner city; industry cluster; workforce development; economic development;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ecdequ:v:30:y:2016:i:2:p:171-184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.