Market capitalization and efficiency. Does it matter? Evidence from the Athens Stock Exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregorios Siourounis, 2002. "Modelling volatility and testing for efficiency in emerging capital markets: the case of the Athens stock exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 47-55.
- Brooks, Chris & Heravi, Saeed M, 1999. "The Effect of (Mis-Specified) GARCH Filters on the Finite Sample Distribution of the BDS Test," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 13(2), pages 147-162, April.
- Brooks, Chris & Henry, Olan T., 2000.
"Can portmanteau nonlinearity tests serve as general mis-specification tests?: Evidence from symmetric and asymmetric GARCH models,"
Elsevier, pages 245-251.
- Brooks, C. & Henry, O.T., 1999. "Can Portemanteau Nonlinearity Tests Serve as General Mis-Specification Tests? Evidence from Symmetric and Asymmetric GARCH Models," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 723, The University of Melbourne.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Theodore Panagiotidis, 2002. "Testing the assumption of Linearity," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(29), pages 1-9.
- Brock, W.A. & Dechert, W.D. & LeBaron, B. & Scheinkman, J.A., 1995. "A Test for Independence Based on the Correlation Dimension," Working papers 9520, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Nicholas Apergis & Sophia Eleptheriou, 2001. "Stock returns and volatility: Evidence from the Athens Stock market index," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 25(1), pages 50-61, March.
- John Barkoulas & Nickolaos Travlos, 1998. "Chaos in an emerging capital market? The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 231-243.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cheteni, Priviledge, 2013. "Non-linearity behaviour of the ALBI Index: A case of Johannesburg Stock Exchange in South Africa," MPRA Paper 56369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Romero-Meza, Rafael & Bonilla, Claudio & Benedetti, Hugo & Serletis, Apostolos, 2015. "Nonlinearities and financial contagion in Latin American stock markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 653-656.
- Theodore Panagiotidis, 2010.
"Market efficiency and the Euro: the case of the Athens stock exchange,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, pages 237-251.
- Theodore Panagiotidis, 2003. "Market Efficiency and the Euro:The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 03-08, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Theodore Panagiotidis, 2003. "Market Efficiency and the Euro:The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Public Policy Discussion Papers 03-08, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Theodore Panagiotidis, 2008. "Market Efficiency and the Euro: The case of the Athens Stock exchange," Discussion Paper Series 2008_14, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Dec 2008.
- Theodore Panagiotidis, 2005. "Market Efficiency and the Euro: The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Finance 0507022, EconWPA.
- Sajjad Rasoul & Coakley Jerry & Nankervis John C, 2008. "Markov-Switching GARCH Modelling of Value-at-Risk," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 1-31, September.
- T Tang, 2009. "Testing for Non-linearity in the Balancing Item of Balance of Payments Accounts: The Case of 20 Industrial Countries," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 14(2), pages 107-124, September.
- Lim, Kian-Ping & Brooks, Robert D. & Hinich, Melvin J., 2008. "Nonlinear serial dependence and the weak-form efficiency of Asian emerging stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 527-544, December.
- Claudia Sanhueza & Dante Contreras & Angela Denis, 2012. "Terremoto y sus efectos sobre el bienestar: un análisis multidimensional," Working Papers 35, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Silvio John Camilleri & Christopher J. Green, 2005. "An Analysis of the Impacts of Non-Synchronous Trading On," Finance 0504020, EconWPA.
- Kian-Ping Lim & Weiwei Luo & Jae H. Kim, 2013. "Are US stock index returns predictable? Evidence from automatic autocorrelation-based tests," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(8), pages 953-962, March.
- Vinodh Madhavan, 2014. "Investigating the nature of nonlinearity in Indian Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(4), pages 395-415, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:15:y:2005:i:10:p:707-713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.