A study on the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction and dissatisfaction in web portal usage
Unlike previous studies on web portal preference that focused mostly on satisfaction, this study considered both satisfaction and dissatisfaction. This study established that (1) web portal preference was driven by attractive, must-be, and one-dimensional qualities, (2) web portals need to develop service strategies by taking into account users’ satisfaction and dissatisfaction in accordance with preference drivers, and (3) users view security as a requisite and thus, even if they are not satisfied with services of a portal, they tend to appeal their opinion without leaving the portal. This study emphasizes that a web portal that desires to be a dominant market player must provide differentiated services according to the preference drivers and must continuously encourage user participation in order to improve service quality. Copyright Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 9 (2015)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.panpacificbusiness.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/business/journal/11628|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Argenton, C. & Prüfer, J., 2012. "Search engine competition with network externalities," Other publications TiSEM c76d07b9-7d86-42c4-9b47-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Doren Chadee & Billy Pang, 2008. "Technology strategy and performance: a study of information technology service providers from selected Asian countries," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 2(2), pages 109-126, June.
- Sang-Gun Lee & Eui-bang Lee & Chang-Gyu Yang, 2014. "Strategies for ICT product diffusion: the case of the Korean mobile communications market," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 8(1), pages 65-81, March.
- Chih-Wen Wu & Kun-Huang Huarng & Surya Fiegantara & Pai-Chi Wu, 2012. "The impact of online customer satisfaction on the yahoo auction in Taiwan," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 6(4), pages 473-487, December.
- Keramati, Abbas & Ardabili, Seyed M.S., 2011. "Churn analysis for an Iranian mobile operator," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 344-356, May.
- Dong Choi & Jongeun Oh & Yeonbae Kim & Junseok Hwang, 2012. "Competition in the Korean Internet Portal Market: Network Effects, Profit, and Market Efficiency," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 40(1), pages 51-73, February.
- Kenney, Martin & Pon, Bryan, 2011. "Structuring the Smartphone Industry. Is the Mobile Internet OS Platform the Key?," Discussion Papers 1238, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Buellingen, Franz & Woerter, Martin, 2004. "Development perspectives, firm strategies and applications in mobile commerce," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(12), pages 1402-1408, December.
- Jeffrey D. Shulman & Anne T. Coughlan & R. Canan Savaskan, 2011. "Managing Consumer Returns in a Competitive Environment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(2), pages 347-362, February.
- Martin Kenney & Bryan Pon, 2011. "Structuring the Smartphone Industry: Is the Mobile Internet OS Platform the Key?," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 239-261, September.
- Chen, Li-Fei, 2012. "A novel approach to regression analysis for the classification of quality attributes in the Kano model: an empirical test in the food and beverage industry," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 651-659.
- Chen, Chun-Chih & Chuang, Ming-Chuen, 2008. "Integrating the Kano model into a robust design approach to enhance customer satisfaction with product design," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 667-681, August.
- Sang Lee & Taewan Kim & Yonghwi Noh & Byungku Lee, 2010. "Success factors of platform leadership in web 2.0 service business," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 4(2), pages 89-103, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:svcbiz:v:9:y:2015:i:3:p:567-586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.