Search engine competition with network externalities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cédric Argenton & Jens Prüfer, 2012. "Search Engine Competition With Network Externalities," Journal of Competition Law and Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 73-105.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Jean‐Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Two‐sided markets: a progress report," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 645-667, September.
- Yongmin Chen & Chuan He, 2011.
"Paid Placement: Advertising and Search on the Internet,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(556), pages 309-328, November.
- Yongmin Chen & Chuan He, 2006. "Paid Placement: Advertising and Search on the Internet," Working Papers 06-02, NET Institute, revised Sep 2006.
- Pollock Rufus, 2010. "Is Google the Next Microsoft: Competition, Welfare and Regulation in Online Search," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(4), pages 1-31, December.
- Greg Taylor, 2013. "Search Quality and Revenue Cannibalization by Competing Search Engines," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 445-467, September.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2007. "Introduction to the Symposium," CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 3.
- Song Yao & Carl F. Mela, 2008. "A Dynamic Model of Sponsored Search Advertising," Working Papers 08-16, NET Institute, revised Sep 2008.
- Song Yao & Carl F. Mela, 2011. "A Dynamic Model of Sponsored Search Advertising," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(3), pages 447-468, 05-06.
- repec:oup:jcomle:v:6:y:2010:i:3:p:653-686. is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:jcomle:v:5:y:2009:i:4:p:633-682. is not listed on IDEAS
- Anindya Ghose & Sha Yang, 2009. "An Empirical Analysis of Search Engine Advertising: Sponsored Search in Electronic Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(10), pages 1605-1622, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burguet, Roberto & Caminal, Ramon & Ellman, Matthew, 2015.
"In Google we trust?,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 44-55.
- Roberto Burguet & Ramon Caminal & Matthew Ellman, 2013. "In Google we trust?," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 935.13, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC), revised 12 Feb 2014.
- Roberto Burguet & Ramon Caminal & Matthew Ellman, 2014. "In Google We Trust?," Working Papers 717, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Emanuele Tarantino, 2012. "A Note on Vertical Search Engines’ Foreclosure," Chapters,in: Recent Advances in the Analysis of Competition Policy and Regulation, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lianos, I. & Motchenkova, E., 2012. "Market dominance and quality of search results in the search engine market," Discussion Paper 2012-036, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Schaefer, Maximilian & Sapi, Geza & Lorincz, Szabolcs, 2018.
"The effect of big data on recommendation quality: The example of internet search,"
DICE Discussion Papers
284, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Maximilian Schäfer & Geza Sapi & Szabolcs Lorincz, 2018. "The Effect of Big Data on Recommendation Quality: The Example of Internet Search," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1730, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:zbw:zewexp:170570 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tarantino, Emanuele, 2013. "A simple model of vertical search engines foreclosure," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-12.
- Justus Haucap & Ulrich Heimeshoff, 2014.
"Google, Facebook, Amazon, eBay: Is the Internet driving competition or market monopolization?,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 49-61, February.
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2013. "Google, Facebook, Amazon, eBay: Is the internet driving competition or market monopolization?," DICE Discussion Papers 83, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Justus Haucap & Torben Stühmeier, 2016. "Competition and antitrust in Internet markets," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of the Internet, chapter 9, pages 183-210 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Etro, Federico, 2013. "Advertising and search engines. A model of leadership in search advertising," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 25-38.
- Haucap, Justus, 2018. "Big Data aus wettbewerbs- und ordnungspolitischer Perspektive," DICE Ordnungspolitische Perspektiven 96, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Prüfer, Jens & Schottmuller, C., 2017. "Competing with Big Data," Discussion Paper 2017-006, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Federico Etro, 2012. "Leadership in Multi-sided Markets and Dominance in Online Advertising," Chapters,in: Recent Advances in the Analysis of Competition Policy and Regulation, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bertschek, Irene & Briglauer, Wolfgang & Hüschelrath, Kai & Krämer, Jan & Frübing, Stefan & Kesler, Reinhold & Saam, Marianne, 2016. "Metastudie zum Fachdialog Ordnungsrahmen für die Digitale Wirtschaft: Im Auftrag des Bundesministeriums für Wirtschaft und Energie (BMWi)," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 147040.
- Sang-Gun Lee & Chang-Gyu Yang & Sin-Bok Lee & Jae-Beom Lee, 2015. "A study on the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction and dissatisfaction in web portal usage," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 9(3), pages 567-586, September.
- Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2017. "Ordnungspolitik in der digitalen Welt," DICE Ordnungspolitische Perspektiven 90, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Alexandre de Cornière & Greg Taylor, 2014. "Quality Provision in the Presence of a Biased Intermediary," Working Papers 14-06, NET Institute.
- Jan KRÄMER & Michael WOHLFARTH, 2015. "Regulating Over-the-Top Service Providers in Two-Sided Content Markets: Insights from the Economic Literature," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(99), pages 71-90, 3rd quart.
More about this item
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiutis:c76d07b9-7d86-42c4-9b47-c354c062d31b. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/economics-and-management/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.