The effects of culture shock on foreign employees in the service industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J Stewart Black, 1988. "Work Role Transitions: A Study of American Expatriate Managers in Japan," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(2), pages 277-294, June.
- Gunkel, Marjaana & Schlaegel, Christopher & Rossteutscher, Tobias & Wolff, Birgitta, 2015. "The human aspect of cross-border acquisition outcomes: The role of management practices, employee emotions, and national culture," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 394-408.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Cho, Yoon-Na & Rutherford, Brian N. & Park, JungKun, 2013. "Emotional labor's impact in a retail environment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2338-2345.
- Brikend AZIRI, 2011. "Job Satisfaction, A Literature Review," Management Research and Practice, Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 3(4), pages 77-86, December.
- Chongho Lee & Myungsook An & Yonghwi Noh, 2015. "The effects of emotional display rules on flight attendants’ emotional labor strategy, job burnout and performance," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 9(3), pages 409-425, September.
- Adelina Gnanlet & H. Yayla-Kullu, 2014. "Impact of national culture on the quality of information delivery in services," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 8(1), pages 135-169, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13769 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gunkel, Marjaana & Schlägel, Christopher & Engle, Robert L., 2014. "Culture's Influence on Emotional Intelligence: An Empirical Study of Nine Countries," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 256-274.
- Tungtakanpoung, Monrudee & Wyatt, Mark, 2013. "Spirituality and cultural values in the reported cognitions of female cabin attendants on Thai Airways," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 15-19.
- Hyo Sun Jung & Hye Hyun Yoon, 2017. "Error management culture and turnover intent among food and beverage employees in deluxe hotels: the mediating effect of job satisfaction," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(4), pages 785-802, December.
- Cho, Yoon-Na & Rutherford, Brian N. & Park, JungKun, 2013. "The impact of emotional labor in a retail environment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 670-677.
- Chen-Ya Wang & Priyanko Guchait & Cheng-Hsin Chiang & Wan-Ting Weng, 2017. "When customers want to become frontline employees: an exploratory study of decision factors and motivation types," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(4), pages 871-900, December.
- Serge Perrot & Talya Bauer & David Abonneau & Eric Campoy & Berrin Erdogan & Robert C. Liden, 2014. "Organizational Socialization Tactics and Newcomer Adjustment. The Moderating Role of Perceived Organizational Support," Post-Print hal-01457293, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rozsa Zoltan & Belas Jaroslav & Metzker Zdenko & Klementová Iva, 2022. "The Intensity of Perception of Selected Personnel Risk Factors in the V4 Countries," Folia Oeconomica Stetinensia, Sciendo, vol. 22(1), pages 243-262, June.
- Miri Chung & Young-Hye Jang & Steven A. Edelson, 2021. "The path from role clarity to job satisfaction: natural acting and the moderating impact of perceived fairness of compensation in services," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 15(1), pages 77-102, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Seif Obeid Al-Shbiel, 2016. "An Examination the Factors Influence on Unethical Behaviour among Jordanian external auditors: Job Satisfaction as a mediator," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(3), pages 285-296, July.
- Qasim Ali Nisar & Noraini Othman & Bidayatul Akmal Mustafa Kamil, 2018. "Leadersâ€™ Emotional Labor Strategies and Wellbeing: Does Perceived Organizational Justice Mediates the Relationship?," Pakistan Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, International Research Alliance for Sustainable Development (iRASD), vol. 6(1), pages :82-98, March.
- Khairun Nisa Khairuddin & Dewi Amat Sapuan, 2016. "Examining Facets of Emotional Exhaustion In The Malaysian Service Industry," International Journal of Business Research and Management (IJBRM), Computer Science Journals (CSC Journals), vol. 7(4), pages 82-95, October.
- Maria Andersson & Ola Eriksson & Chris Von Borgstede, 2012. "The Effects of Environmental Management Systems on Source Separation in the Work and Home Settings," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 4(6), pages 1-17, June.
- Tran Huy Phuong & Thanh Trung Hieu, 2015. "Predictors of Entrepreneurial Intentions of Undergraduate Students in Vietnam: An Empirical Study," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 5(8), pages 46-55, August.
- Peng Cheng & Zhe Ouyang & Yang Liu, 0. "The effect of information overload on the intention of consumers to adopt electric vehicles," Transportation, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- Alsalem, Amani & Fry, Marie-Louise & Thaichon, Park, 2020. "To donate or to waste it: Understanding posthumous organ donation attitude," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 87-97.
- Kristin Thomas & Evalill Nilsson & Karin Festin & Pontus Henriksson & Mats Lowén & Marie Löf & Margareta Kristenson, 2020. "Associations of Psychosocial Factors with Multiple Health Behaviors: A Population-Based Study of Middle-Aged Men and Women," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 17(4), pages 1-17, February.
- Kamruzzaman, Md. & Baker, Douglas & Washington, Simon & Turrell, Gavin, 2013. "Residential dissonance and mode choice," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 12-28.
- Ficko, Andrej & Boncina, Andrej, 2013. "Probabilistic typology of management decision making in private forest properties," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 34-43.
- Muhammad Shahid Qureshi & Saadat Saeed & Syed Waleed Mehmood Wasti, 2016. "The impact of various entrepreneurial interventions during the business plan competition on the entrepreneur identity aspirations of participants," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Springer;UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship, vol. 6(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Szu‐Szu Ho & Rosie Stenhouse & Aisha Holloway, 2020. "Understanding HIV‐positive drug users’ experiences of taking highly active antiretroviral treatment: Identity–Values–Conscious engagement model," Journal of Clinical Nursing, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 29(9-10), pages 1561-1575, May.
- Diwanji, Vaibhav S. & Cortese, Juliann, 2020. "Contrasting user generated videos versus brand generated videos in ecommerce," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Nouman Khurram & Umair Saeed, 2015. "Factors Influencing the Intention of People to Use Islamic Banking: An Evidence from Lahore, Pakistan," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(8), pages 411-418, August.
- Agneta Larsson & Mats Westerberg & Lena Karlqvist & Gunvor Gard, 2018. "Teamwork and Safety Climate in Homecare: A Mixed Method Study," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 15(11), pages 1-12, November.
- Leonidas A. Zampetakis & Manolis Lerakis & Konstantinos Kafetsios & Vassilis S. Moustakis, 2016. "The moderating role of anticipated affective ambivalence in the formation of entrepreneurial intentions," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 815-838, September.
- Shuleski Darko & Radu Ioan & Anton Cristian Ioan & Crina Veronica Cristea, 2017. "Digital Transformation Approach for Improving Public Services Using Cloud Computing Technology. Case Study Bucharest, Romania," MIC 2017: Managing the Global Economy; Proceedings of the Joint International Conference, Monastier di Treviso, Italy, 24–27 May 2017,, University of Primorska Press.
- Nosheena Yasir & Nasir Mahmood & Hafiz Shakir Mehmood & Osama Rashid & An Liren, 2021. "The Integrated Role of Personal Values and Theory of Planned Behavior to Form a Sustainable Entrepreneurial Intention," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(16), pages 1-21, August.
- Zhengxia He & Shichun Xu & Wenxing Shen & Meiling Wang & Cunfang Li, 2019. "Exploring external and internal pressures on the environmental behavior of paper enterprises in China: A qualitative study," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(6), pages 951-969, September.
- Heesup Han & Myong Jae Lee & Wansoo Kim, 2018. "Antecedents of Green Loyalty in the Cruise Industry: Sustainable Development and Environmental Management," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 323-335, March.
More about this item
KeywordsCulture shock; Emotional labor; Job satisfaction; Turnover intention; Perceived managerial support;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:svcbiz:v:14:y:2020:i:3:d:10.1007_s11628-020-00420-x. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.