Representing a democratic constituency in negotiations: delegation versus ratification
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paola Conconi & Giovanni Facchini & Maurizio Zanardi, 2012.
"Fast-Track Authority and International Trade Negotiations,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 146-189, August.
- Paola Conconi & Giovanni Facchini & Maurizio Zanardi, 2008. "Fast-Track Authority and International Trade Negotiations," Working Papers ECARES 2008-013, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Paola Conconi & Giovanni Facchini & Maurizio Zanardi, 2012. "Fast-Track Authority and International Trade Negotiations," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/137521, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Paola Conconi & Giovanni Facchini & Maurizio Zanardi, 2008. "Fast Track Authority and International Trade Negotiations," Development Working Papers 246, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Conconi, Paola & Facchini, Giovanni & Zanardi, Maurizio, 2008. "Fast Track Authority and International Trade Negotiations," CEPR Discussion Papers 6790, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aghion, Philippe & Tirole, Jean, 1997. "Formal and Real Authority in Organizations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Haller, Hans & Holden, Steinar, 1997. "Ratification Requirement and Bargaining Power," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(4), pages 825-851, November.
- Motty Perry & Larry Samuelson, 1994. "Open- versus Closed-Door Negotiations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 348-359, Summer.
- Wouter Dessein, 2002.
"Authority and Communication in Organizations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(4), pages 811-838.
- Wouter Dessein, 2000. "Authority and Communication in Organizations," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1747, Econometric Society.
- Hongbin Cai & Walter Cont, 2004.
"Agency Problems and Commitment in Delegated Bargaining,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 703-729, December.
- Hongbin Cai & Walter Cont, 2000. "Agency Problems and Commitment in Delegated Bargaining," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1270, Econometric Society.
- Bård Harstad, 2008.
"Do Side Payments Help? Collective Decisions and Strategic Delegation,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 468-477, 04-05.
- Bard Harstad, 2007. "Do side payments help? Collective decisions and strategic delegation," Discussion Papers 1452, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bester, Helmut & Sakovics, Jozsef, 2001.
"Delegated bargaining and renegotiation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 459-473, August.
- Helmut Bester & J?sef S?ovics, "undated". "Delegated Bargaining And Renegotiation," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 440.99, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Helmut Bester & Jozsef Sakovics, 2000. "Delegated Bargaining and Renegotiation," ESE Discussion Papers 61, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Helmut Bester & Joszef Sakovics, "undated". "Delegated Bargaining and Renegotiation," Papers 007, Departmental Working Papers.
- Christiansen, Nels, 2013. "Strategic delegation in a legislative bargaining model with pork and public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 217-229.
- Cai, Hongbin, 2000. "Bargaining on Behalf of a Constituency," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 234-273, June.
- Manzini, Paola & Mariotti, Marco, 2005. "Alliances and negotiations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 128-141, March.
- Segendorff, Bjorn, 1998. "Delegation and Threat in Bargaining," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 266-283, May.
- Rothstein, Paul, 1991. "Representative Voter Theorems," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 72(2-3), pages 193-212, December.
- Banks, Jeffrey s. & Duggan, John, 2000. "A Bargaining Model of Collective Choice," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 94(01), pages 73-88, March.
- Jones, Stephen R. G., 1989. "Have your lawyer call my lawyer : Bilateral delegation in bargaining situations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 159-174, March.
- Burtraw, Dallas, 1992. "Strategic delegation in bargaining," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 181-185, February.
More about this item
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- F5 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:sochwe:v:45:y:2015:i:2:p:399-414. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.