A variable-selection heuristic for K-means clustering
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 66 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E. Fowlkes & R. Gnanadesikan & J. Kettenring, 1988. "Variable selection in clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 205-228, September.
- Wayne DeSarbo & J. Carroll & Linda Clark & Paul Green, 1984. "Synthesized clustering: A method for amalgamating alternative clustering bases with differential weighting of variables," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 57-78, March.
- Geert Soete, 1986. "Optimal variable weighting for ultrametric and additive tree clustering," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 169-180, June.
- Glenn Milligan, 1989. "A validation study of a variable weighting algorithm for cluster analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 53-71, December.
- Robert Saltstone & Ken Stange, 1996. "A computer program to calculate Hubert and Arabie's adjusted rand index," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 169-172, March.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- P. (Sundar) Balakrishnan & Martha Cooper & Varghese Jacob & Phillip Lewis, 1994. "A study of the classification capabilities of neural networks using unsupervised learning: A comparison withK-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 59(4), pages 509-525, December.
- Paul Green & Jonathan Kim & Frank Carmone, 1990. "A preliminary study of optimal variable weighting in k-means clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 271-285, September.
- Geert Soete & Wayne DeSarbo & J. Carroll, 1985. "Optimal variable weighting for hierarchical clustering: An alternating least-squares algorithm," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 173-192, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:66:y:2001:i:2:p:249-270. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.