Selection of Variables in Cluster Analysis: An Empirical Comparison of Eight Procedures
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 73 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: https://www.psychometricsociety.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/psychology/journal/11336/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Montanari, Angela & Lizzani, Laura, 2001. "A projection pursuit approach to variable selection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 463-473, February.
- Robert Tibshirani & Guenther Walther & Trevor Hastie, 2001. "Estimating the number of clusters in a data set via the gap statistic," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 411-423.
- Douglas Steinley & Robert Henson, 2005. "OCLUS: An Analytic Method for Generating Clusters with Known Overlap," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 22(2), pages 221-250, September.
- Goffe, William L. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Rogers, John, 1994. "Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 65-99.
- Wayne DeSarbo & J. Carroll & Linda Clark & Paul Green, 1984. "Synthesized clustering: A method for amalgamating alternative clustering bases with differential weighting of variables," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 57-78, March.
- R. Gnanadesikan & J. Kettenring & S. Tsao, 1995. "Weighting and selection of variables for cluster analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 12(1), pages 113-136, March.
- Paul Green & Jonathan Kim & Frank Carmone, 1990. "A preliminary study of optimal variable weighting in k-means clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 7(2), pages 271-285, September.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Glenn Milligan, 1980. "An examination of the effect of six types of error perturbation on fifteen clustering algorithms," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 325-342, September.
- Glenn Milligan, 1985. "An algorithm for generating artificial test clusters," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 123-127, March.
- Michael Brusco & J. Cradit, 2001. "A variable-selection heuristic for K-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 66(2), pages 249-270, June.
- E. Fowlkes & R. Gnanadesikan & J. Kettenring, 1988. "Variable selection in clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 5(2), pages 205-228, September.
- Raftery, Adrian E. & Dean, Nema, 2006. "Variable Selection for Model-Based Clustering," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 168-178, March.
- Glenn Milligan, 1989. "A validation study of a variable weighting algorithm for cluster analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 6(1), pages 53-71, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:73:y:2008:i:1:p:125-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.