Selection of Variables in Cluster Analysis: An Empirical Comparison of Eight Procedures
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 73 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raftery, Adrian E. & Dean, Nema, 2006. "Variable Selection for Model-Based Clustering," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 168-178, March.
- R. Gnanadesikan & J. Kettenring & S. Tsao, 1995. "Weighting and selection of variables for cluster analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 113-136, March.
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Paul Green & Jonathan Kim & Frank Carmone, 1990. "A preliminary study of optimal variable weighting in k-means clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 271-285, September.
- Goffe, William L. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Rogers, John, 1994. "Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 65-99.
- Glenn Milligan, 1980. "An examination of the effect of six types of error perturbation on fifteen clustering algorithms," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 325-342, September.
- Douglas Steinley & Robert Henson, 2005. "OCLUS: An Analytic Method for Generating Clusters with Known Overlap," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 221-250, September.
- Michael Brusco & J. Cradit, 2001. "A variable-selection heuristic for K-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 249-270, June.
- Montanari, Angela & Lizzani, Laura, 2001. "A projection pursuit approach to variable selection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 463-473, February.
- Wayne DeSarbo & J. Carroll & Linda Clark & Paul Green, 1984. "Synthesized clustering: A method for amalgamating alternative clustering bases with differential weighting of variables," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 57-78, March.
- Robert Tibshirani & Guenther Walther & Trevor Hastie, 2001. "Estimating the number of clusters in a data set via the gap statistic," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 411-423.
- E. Fowlkes & R. Gnanadesikan & J. Kettenring, 1988. "Variable selection in clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 205-228, September.
- Glenn Milligan, 1989. "A validation study of a variable weighting algorithm for cluster analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 53-71, December.
- Glenn Milligan, 1985. "An algorithm for generating artificial test clusters," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 123-127, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:73:y:2008:i:1:p:125-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.