Variable Neighborhood Search Heuristics for Selecting a Subset of Variables in Principal Component Analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 74 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112911|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dray, Stephane, 2008. "On the number of principal components: A test of dimensionality based on measurements of similarity between matrices," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 2228-2237, January.
- P. Bentler, 1977. "Factor simplicity index and transformations," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 277-295, June.
- A. M. Geoffrion & R. E. Marsten, 1972. "Integer Programming Algorithms: A Framework and State-of-the-Art Survey," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(9), pages 465-491, May.
- Goel, Asvin & Gruhn, Volker, 2008. "A General Vehicle Routing Problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(3), pages 650-660, December.
- Henry Kaiser, 1974. "An index of factorial simplicity," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 31-36, March.
- Lejeune, M.A., 2006. "A variable neighborhood decomposition search method for supply chain management planning problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 959-976, December.
- A. Pedro Duarte Silva, 2000. "DISCARDING VARIABLES in PRINCIPAL COMPONENT ANALYSIS : ALGORITHMS for ALL-SUBSETS COMPARISONS," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 02, Faculdade de Economia e Gestão, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto).
- Michael Brusco & Douglas Steinley, 2007. "A Comparison of Heuristic Procedures for Minimum Within-Cluster Sums of Squares Partitioning," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 72(4), pages 583-600, December.
- Yutaka Kano & Akira Harada, 2000. "Stepwise variable selection in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 7-22, March.
- Henry Kaiser, 1958. "The varimax criterion for analytic rotation in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 187-200, September.
- J. Ramsay & Jos Berge & G. Styan, 1984. "Matrix correlation," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 403-423, September.
- Kristine Hogarty & Jeffrey Kromrey & John Ferron & Constance Hines, 2004. "Selection of variables in exploratory factor analysis: An empirical comparison of a stepwise and traditional approach," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 69(4), pages 593-611, December.
- Douglas Steinley & Michael Brusco, 2008. "Selection of Variables in Cluster Analysis: An Empirical Comparison of Eight Procedures," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 73(1), pages 125-144, March.
- Duarte Silva, António Pedro, 2001. "Efficient Variable Screening for Multivariate Analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 35-62, January.
- Michael Brusco & J. Cradit, 2001. "A variable-selection heuristic for K-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 249-270, June.
- Michael Brusco & Stephanie Stahl, 2005. "Optimal Least-Squares Unidimensional Scaling: Improved Branch-and-Bound Procedures and Comparison to Dynamic Programming," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 70(2), pages 253-270, June.
- Cadima, Jorge & Cerdeira, J. Orestes & Minhoto, Manuel, 2004. "Computational aspects of algorithms for variable selection in the context of principal components," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 225-236, September.
- Kaoru Fueda & Masaya Iizuka & Yuichi Mori, 2009. "Variable selection in multivariate methods using global score estimation," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 127-144, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:74:y:2009:i:4:p:705-726. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.