Toward a simple structure: a comparison of different rotation techniques
This paper thematise the problem of seeking and devising a simple structure, when the solution envisages the extraction of more than one component or factor. To this avail, we shall make a comparison between a number of rotation techniques, both orthogonal and oblique, to evaluate just how capable they are of delivering the highest possible semplification of the data yielded by the analysis. To evaluate the results obtained through empirical controls, we have drawn up a simple structure index. For reasons of space, we shall apply principal components analysis to our method, although the results obtained here also hold for factor analysis. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 48 (2014)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henry Kaiser, 1958. "The varimax criterion for analytic rotation in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 23(3), pages 187-200, September.
- Urbano Lorenzo-Seva, 2003. "A factor simplicity index," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 68(1), pages 49-60, March.
- Henry Kaiser, 1974. "An index of factorial simplicity," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 31-36, March.
- P. Bentler, 1977. "Factor simplicity index and transformations," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 42(2), pages 277-295, June.
- John Carroll, 1953. "An analytical solution for approximating simple structure in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 18(1), pages 23-38, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:qualqt:v:48:y:2014:i:3:p:1785-1797. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.