A comparison of the classification capabilities of the 1-dimensional kohonen neural network with two pratitioning and three hierarchical cluster analysis algorithms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence Hubert & Phipps Arabie, 1985. "Comparing partitions," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 2(1), pages 193-218, December.
- Glenn Milligan, 1985. "An algorithm for generating artificial test clusters," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, pages 123-127.
- F. Murtagh & M. Hernández-Pajares, 1995. "The Kohonen self-organizing map method: An assessment," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 12(2), pages 165-190, September.
- P. (Sundar) Balakrishnan & Martha Cooper & Varghese Jacob & Phillip Lewis, 1994. "A study of the classification capabilities of neural networks using unsupervised learning: A comparison withK-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, pages 509-525.
- Chen, S. K. & Mangiameli, P. & West, D., 1995. "The comparative ability of self-organizing neural networks to define cluster structure," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 271-279, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Curry, B. & Morgan, P. H., 2004. "Evaluating Kohonen's learning rule: An approach through genetic algorithms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 191-205, April.
More about this item
Keywordsneural networks; Kohonen models; cluster analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:63:y:1998:i:1:p:5-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .