Comparative performance of the FSCL neural net and K-means algorithm for market segmentation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn Milligan, 1980. "An examination of the effect of six types of error perturbation on fifteen clustering algorithms," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 325-342, September.
- Glenn Milligan, 1985. "An algorithm for generating artificial test clusters," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 123-127, March.
- P. (Sundar) Balakrishnan & Martha Cooper & Varghese Jacob & Phillip Lewis, 1994. "A study of the classification capabilities of neural networks using unsupervised learning: A comparison withK-means clustering," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 509-525, December.
- Glenn Milligan & Martha Cooper, 1985. "An examination of procedures for determining the number of clusters in a data set," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 159-179, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mingoti, Sueli A. & Lima, Joab O., 2006. "Comparing SOM neural network with Fuzzy c-means, K-means and traditional hierarchical clustering algorithms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(3), pages 1742-1759, November.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:55:y:2004:i:9:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2601732 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hruschka, Harald & Natter, Martin, 1999. "Comparing performance of feedforward neural nets and K-means for cluster-based market segmentation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 346-353, April.
- Ozer, Muammer, 2005. "Fuzzy c-means clustering and Internet portals: A case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(3), pages 696-714, August.
- YongSeog Kim & W. Nick Street & Gary J. Russell & Filippo Menczer, 2005. "Customer Targeting: A Neural Network Approach Guided by Genetic Algorithms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(2), pages 264-276, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:93:y:1996:i:2:p:346-357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .