Adaptation patterns and consumer behavior as a dependency on terror
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Marianna Riggi, 2013.
"WHY ARE THE 2000s SO DIFFERENT FROM THE 1970s? A STRUCTURAL INTERPRETATION OF CHANGES IN THE MACROECONOMIC EFFECTS OF OIL PRICES,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 11(5), pages 1032-1052, October.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Marianna Riggi, 2009. "Why are the 2000s so different from the 1970s? A structural interpretation of changes in the macroeconomic effects of oil prices," NBER Working Papers 15467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Graham, Liam & Oswald, Andrew J., 2010. "Hedonic capital, adaptation and resilience," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 372-384, November.
- Christina D. Romer, 1990. "The Great Crash and the Onset of the Great Depression," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 597-624.
- Claude Berrebi & Esteban F. Klor, 2010. "The Impact of Terrorism on the Defence Industry," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(307), pages 518-543, July.
- Anthony C Homan, 2006. "The Impact of 9/11 on Financial Risk, Volatility and Returns of Marine Firms," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 8(4), pages 387-401, December.
- Luca Benati & Paolo Surico, 2009. "VAR Analysis and the Great Moderation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1636-1652, September.
- Tommy Gärling & John Thøgersen, 2007. "Effects of the Euro Changeover on Consumer Behaviour: Introduction to the Special Issue," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 303-311, December.
- Eckstein, Zvi & Tsiddon, Daniel, 2004.
"Macroeconomic consequences of terror: theory and the case of Israel,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 971-1002, July.
- Eckstein, Zvi & Tsiddon, Daniel, 2004. "Macroeconomic Consequences of Terror: Theory and the Case of Israel," CEPR Discussion Papers 4427, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heijdra, Ben J. & Ligthart, Jenny E., 2010.
"The Transitional Dynamics Of Fiscal Policy In Small Open Economies,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 1-28, February.
- Ben J. Heijdra & Jenny Ligthart, 2006. "The Transitional Dynamics of Fiscal Policy in Small Open Economies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1777, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gautier, Pieter A. & Siegmann, Arjen & Van Vuuren, Aico, 2009. "Terrorism and attitudes towards minorities: The effect of the Theo van Gogh murder on house prices in Amsterdam," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 113-126, March.
- Flam, S.D. & Sandsmark, M., 2000. "Learning to Face Stochastic Demand," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 220, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Faccio, Mara & Parsley, David, 2006. "Sudden Deaths: Taking Stock of Political Connections," CEPR Discussion Papers 5460, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John V. Leahy & Joseph Zeira, 2005.
"The Timing of Purchases and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 1127-1151.
- John V. Leahy & Joseph Zeira, 2000. "The Timing of Purchases and Aggregate Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 7672, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosemarie Nagel & Nicolaas J. Vriend, 1999.
"An experimental study of adaptive behavior in an oligopolistic market game,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 27-65.
- Rosemarie Nagel & Nicolaas J. Vriend, 1997. "An experimental study of adaptive behavior in an oligopolistic market game," Economics Working Papers 230, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Hansen, Jørgen Drud & Skak, Morten, 2008. "Adaptation investments and homeownership," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 102-115, March.
- Binder, John J, 1998. "The Event Study Methodology since 1969," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 111-137, September.
- Li, Victor E. & Chang, Chia-Ying, 2004. "The cyclical behavior of household and business investment in a cash-in-advance economy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 691-706, January.
- Bernanke, Ben, 1985.
"Adjustment costs, durables, and aggregate consumption,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 41-68, January.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1982. "Adjustment Costs, Durables, and Aggregate Consumption," NBER Working Papers 1038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khusrav Gaibulloev & Todd Sandler, 2008. "Growth Consequences of Terrorism in Western Europe," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 411-424, August.
- Seppo Ikaheimo & Anders Kjellman & Jan Holmberg & Sari Jussila, 2004. "Employee stock option plans and stock market reaction: evidence from Finland," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 105-122.
- Kara M Reynolds, 2008. "Anticipated vs Realized Benefits: Can Event Studies be used to Predict the Impact of New Regulations," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 310-324.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Sergio L. Schmukler & Neeltje Van Horen, 2008. "Emerging Market Liquidity and Crises," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 668-682, 04-05.
- Yuko Aoyama, 2003. "Sociospatial dimensions of technology adoption: recent M-commerce and E-commerce developments," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(7), pages 1201-1221, July.
- Isidore Masse & Robert Hanrahan & Joseph Kushner & Felice Martinello, 2000. "The effect of additions to or deletions from the TSE 300 Index on Canadian share prices," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 341-359, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mario Cedrini & Marco Novarese, 2015. "The challenge of fear to economics," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 14(1), pages 99-106, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAdaptation; Event study; Durable goods; Non-durable goods; G14; L67; L68;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables: Clothing, Textiles, Shoes, and Leather Goods; Household Goods; Sports Equipment
- L68 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Appliances; Furniture; Other Consumer Durables
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:minsoc:v:13:y:2014:i:2:p:257-269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .